.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Chilly January Day

Felt like blogging tonight, so here I am. What to say? It's been so long I've forgotten how!


I'm at home (Mom's) right now & doing my best hibernation routine. It's been crazy cold & gets dark late/early, so not exactly my style of weather! I've been spending the time at home catching up with friends on the phone & online - Skype has to be one of the best inventions! I've enjoyed the girls company & I know they've enjoyed mine! Valentina is LOVING her new ball - she even brought it to bed the other night. I rolled over & couldn't figure out what the lump in the bed was. A lovely durable street hockey ball! What a girl!


Today I also walked on the treadmill. Barefoot. I know now that I will never make it as a Masai barefoot runner! Yep. Nice big blister right on the pad of my foot. Hey, at least I used the treadmill!


I've knit two hats & a cocoon (photo prop) this week & I'm almost done my Rainbow Nation sweater - just trying to modify the collar without making a mess of it! 


As of late I've been craving soft shell tacos, so tonight I took some corn tortillas (clearly not fresh, as they crumbled after the first bite!), avocado, cilantro, yellow pepper, tomatoes, lime juice, a little mayo (I know, it's bad!) and some chipotle Tabasco sauce. Not bad if I do say so myself! If I turn the heaters up a little more it will qualify as a Mayan Moment! Olé!


Tomorrow I'll head to Mom2's for Christmas Dinner (yes, I know it's January). Back to the ranch on Sunday night, to the Doctor's on Monday for a checkup & then to Saskatoon for the rest of the week. Granny hasn't been well, so I'm anxious to get there & hopefully help her feel better. She's 97 next month! What a feat! 


Okay, that's all for today... Keep well & keep warm!
Maria Valentina
reunited with Valentina, Oceana & Adios


 Squishes with Mama
Keeping warm by the heater! 
 Hat for Baby Brown
Cocoon for Baby  Brown 
Hat for Karter - needs a button yet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been