.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 356 - Glorious Henna by Amazing Larissa!

I can't believe it! I actually felt great today! Amazing! It's a miracle! Here's hoping the next 5 rounds will be the same! Yay!

Today I had the good fortune of having my head henna'd again. Larissa was back in Alberta for the Edmonton & Calgary Tattoo Festivals. I drove in to meet her at the 'Henna House' for a visit & to let her use my head as a canvas.

I brought lunch & we enjoyed some soup & snacks before the fun began. Man, she is one talented chica. I have no idea where she pulls the creativity from, but she's amazing! I'm thrilled with the design & I wish I could keep it! If tattoos didn't hurt so much, I'd actually have this thing permanently on my head!

She's asked me to describe my Henna Experience, so I'll do my best to put it into words.

When I had hair, one of my favourite things was to have my hair brushed & stroked. It's relaxing & I fall into a state of relaxation instantly. Receiving henna is just like that. Only better. The scent of the essential oils mixed with the henna are intoxicating & add to the relaxation. Lavender dominates & makes my eyelids heavy. My cares fall away as I feel the cool henna paste gliding onto my freshly shaven head. Larissa's energy oozes love, compassion & healing & I absorb every molecule of it! And speaking of healing, it truly is. Not only is it de-stressing to have the henna session - better than a massage or facial - but it is also rejuvenating - confidence building - empowering. I arrived a sad, bald woman & I walk away feeling feminine, unique, beautiful & free of worries. Knowing that someone cares enough about me to spend 3 hours sketching, then painting an awkward canvas makes me feel extra special. Seeing the finished product doubles that feeling. I'm always sad when the design is finished - that means the 'escape' is over, but of course, seeing the intricate designs eliminates any momentary thoughts of sadness!

Now, my only sadness is knowing that I won't see Larissa for another year - or possibly longer! She is so talented & her henna is so much more than just applying a design on your hands, feet, belly or head. She heals with every movement of her hand. Thank you my dear & cherished friend for making this journey that much more magical than I ever dreamt it would be! I love you deeply.

And with that, we taped up my head (to allow the stain to set in) & Larissa & Mookie were off to prepare their booth & I was off to run errands. At the mall. With a full head of white surgical tape. Hello! Lobotomy! :o) I received some interesting looks & comments, but for the most part, it was all good. I can't wait to take the tape off & share the design with you!

It's late now & I have a big day tomorrow.

xxxxMJV&O

Larissa Reinders

 The Master in Action
 A rough sketch with watercolour
 A celebratory kiss
I think I forgot to mention that she looks FANTASTIC since I saw her 2 months ago! 
4 months old & he's 24 lbs!!! 
And the creation begins 
 It smells so good, feels even better & looks even better than that!
 Bellissima!
Where does she come up with these designs?! 
 Wow!
 If I were brave, I'd make it permanent! Or not.
 What a beautiful healing gift, my beautiful friend!
Yes! You did that!!! 
Larissa & Mookie - Henna Artists

Below are the photos Jaco took once the paste was removed... Well done Honey! They turned out great!














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos, Jaco....some of the talent that Jill and Kim possess must be rubbing off on you! ps, my fav is the 4th from the bottom. Janis

Jill Marie said...

Thanks Janis! Yes, Jaco is a great shot! He just needs more practice! :o) I told him we can always have another wedding! ;oP Thanks for the comments!!! xxxx

james brown said...

Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
wisdom tooth extraction

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been