.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, May 16, 2011

Leaving Kronenhoff & Leana

I'm still alive... Don't hold your breath, but here's a start!


****************************************************



Okay, forgive me while I try to retrace my steps over the past few months… Where, oh where does the time go?

The last post I did had Jaco & I experiencing the amazing wildlife in Africa – Schotia Safaris to be exact. Where were staying at Kronenhoff Guesthouse in Kirkwood, close to Addo Elephant Park.

We were quite sad to say goodbye to Jurie & Hendrien, and of course, the luxurious Honeymoon Suite we were staying in! We had a quick brunch & packed up our things & hit the road running. We were running a few hours late – as we do!

Hendrien gave us a bag of GIANT avocados from the tree in their yard. I’ve never seen such HUGE avocados! Wow! Impressive!

On our way, we stopped at the Storms River Bridge for a pit stop & quick peek into the canyon. The bridge is impressive! Even more impressive were the photos on the walls of bridges around the world. Lethbridge, Alberta made the cut! Who would have thought?

We rolled into George just before 6 p.m. Leana had phoned to see where we were & we made plans to meet at Sails restaurant on the seafront. It was beautiful! We had a wonderful dinner & fabulous visit with Leana. Jaco just finished working with her on the Sea Princess. She’s now left ships & is working in George, her feet firmly planted on land. Leana is one of the most special people I’ve encountered on ships & I am sad she won’t be with us on the next ship. But I’m happy for her to back at home & enjoying life in the ‘real world’. Big hugs Leana!!! We miss you!!!

We were supposed to stay at Leana’s, but Jaco was pressing to drive home, so we left, pulling into Hermanus just after 1a.m. Welcome back…

xxxxMaria




































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been