.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21 – Spier with Marisa & Brunch with the Gründlingh’s


This morning Jaco & I were up early & left for Stellenbosch. We were meeting Nico & his parents, Marten & Marianne, for brunch. I hadn’t seen Nico since April of 2009 & I hadn’t seen Marten & Marianne since the summer of 2009 when they stayed at Mom’s place with Karen & Werner on their Western Canadian tour. I was excited to see them! Talia, Nico’s girlfriend (now fiancée!), was flying in on Monday & I was disappointed that I missed her!

We had a wonderful visit about Nico’s last contract & Marten & Marianne’s visit to the ship when Nico & Talia were working on the Diamond in Asia. It sounded like the trip of a lifetime!

Nico had to go to a bachelor’s party that afternoon, so we left just after lunch & drove out to Spier to meet Marisa.

Marisa & Anine met us just outside at Spier. I hadn’t been here before & it is quite the place! There were birds of prey, big cats, a large pond with plenty of picnic spaces, and a massive restaurant where we had a drink in a treehouse! How cool is that?! We also had our faces painted in a traditional African pattern… See images below!

After we left Spier, we drove to Marisa’s to download her Roxette photos. We were greeted by a gaggle of Chihuahua’s, a Bischon, a MinPin & a few cats. And a whole lotta noise! Too cute!

Her father was home, busily fixing things up for the engagement party Neill & Marisa were having this coming Friday. Her mom arrived shortly after & the 5 of us had a great chat. I can’t remember the last time I’ve laughed so much with 2 people I’ve just met! I’m very sad I’ll be missing the party on Friday. Especially when I saw the menu!

Funny story – When Nico & I were working together on ships, we worked a contract with Marisa. Nico & Marisa were both from Stellenbosch, but they didn’t know each other prior to this contract. Or so they thought! One night Nico was scanning old negatives & the roll was shot on a night out at a pub. And there in the background was Marisa! Can you believe it? What are the chances!?

xxxxMaria

(photos to come one day!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been