.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, May 09, 2011

No More Days...

Okay, this is it. I'm no longer going to post everyday. There I said it. I have been feeling guilty about not posting everyday, but then when days go by & no one has looked at the blog or commented, I feel like I should just call it quits. But then, I remember how it feels to get the day's events off my chest & down on paper, er, something like that, and think I should keep plugging away.

So, instead of panicking when I'm 3-14 days behind, I'll simply let it be & do my best to keep you up to speed on what's happening! Naturally, the day after I decided to do this, there were about 20 people who checked out the blog all the way from Poland to Korea! But I have to be honest with myself & say that I need to start doing things that are a bit more productive - like editing the gazillion photos I have sitting on hard drives waiting to be shared with the world.

Take the previous photo from the Mother's Day post. I showed it to Jaco & he didn't think it was a photo that I had taken. He was surprised & said it was good! (Thanks Babe!) When I sent the photo to his Mom, she asked me if it was a postcard & where did I get it. It's certainly a confidence booster that they think I'm that good, but just reinforcement that I need to get crackalackin'! And now that I've said it, I'm sure you'll hold me accountable! Right?!

I have a business name registered, a blog registered & now I just need to edit some photos for the website & I'll be up & running! Oh & then there's the actual business side of it where I actually take photos & get paid for it. But that's a minor detail, no?

In any case, my love affair with blogging has become, well, somewhat unhealthy, as I've been obsessed with posting EVERY day. Realistically I could still do it, but when it's same old, same old, what's the point? The few readers I have will just become more & more bored.

If you care to still see a daily post, let me know you're out there, otherwise, I'll do my best to post once a week at the very least. More if life gets exciting!

So what have I been up to? Well, let's see. A little shopping at the V&A, making some raw cuisine - sushi & some seaweed/sprout salad, and raw chocolates tonight!

I made raw sushi with untoasted nori sheets, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, orange pepper, carrot, cucumber & of course, wasabi. Hennie enjoyed the sushi & Petro tried it for the first time ever. I was quite happy I walked in when I did, as she was about to have her first taste of sushi with a HUGE blob of wasabi on top! She thought it was avocado paste! Phew! I would have been the worst daughter-in-law ever! I'm sure she would have still had draining sinuses!

The seaweed salad was also quite yummy. I used soaked arame, chickpea, mung bean, adzuki, and lentil sprouts, along with some carrot, cucumber, and pumpkin seeds. I used the leftover dressing from the other days tabbouleh, but added more olive oil, cumin & cut up some candied ginger. It was pretty good, if I dare say so!

Lastly, the raw chocolate. My first attempt & I think it will satisfy my sweet tooth while I'm on the detox. Cacao powder, cacao butter, coconut oil, powdered vanilla, goji berries soaked in agave nectar... and then I got creative. I added some maple flavouring & pumpkin pie spice to one batch, and then I added some chipotle to another batch. That batch is officially my sexxy chocolate. It's so darned spicy, it has to be sexxy. I thought chipotle was just regular peppers that have been smoked. Not HOT peppers that have been smoked! Whoops! I then did a final batch with coconut flakes & made a chocolate bark, so to speak. Jaco enjoyed the goji berry one, as did Petro. Looks like I'll be the only one eating my sexxy chocolate. Maybe I should patent that!

On that note, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is the big Roxette concert & I'm super stoked to hear them belt out the good stuff!

Lekker slaap,
xxxxMaria

So we were driving this fast... (110 km/h)...
When we saw this car in front of us. Note the donut tire! Crazy!

Silliness! Full car too!
This friendly little spider was outside the door to our place the other morning.
Yes, those are his EYES you can see.
In case you thought he was smaller than he is. He's not.

Cool fish at the Fish Market.


The crustacean in the background had his lunch in his grasp. The fish swimming about were trying to steal his lunch. He would use his antennae to bat the would-be thieves away. It was quite entertaining to watch!

The cockroach stuck to the hood of our car. He lasted until about 80km/h. So gross.
Here's a video of Papa Roach...




Walking back home.
The stunning bouquet of flowers the flower shop was making for Mother's Day.
Where I'll be tomorrow night! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been