.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 555 - Super Sunny Day

What a glorious day it was! Wow! Stunning hot weather & not a cloud in the sky. Yeah! That's more like it! 


Jaco & I were meant to drive to Franschhoek to meet up with Carmen & Laura, two girlfriends from ships that I haven't seen for years. I was very excited to see them, but unfortunately, our destination included 12,000 other people wanting to see the Cheese Festival happening there. So, after a few Facebooks & phonecalls later, we made arrangements to meet on Tuesday in Hermanus. 


Not wanting to spend the day indoors, we spent it in the car. Just kidding. We drove down the road towards Caledon & stopped at a few wine farms, drove up the road past the dam & of course, I took a few photos along the way. It was an absolutely stunning day. Nice & hot, sunny... mmm. 


On our way back, we drove through an area called 'Vermont'. There were many beautiful homes. It was a nice, quiet neighbourhood. Plenty of real estate if you're looking! 


We made a quick stop at the house & then left for dinner out. We went to the Seafood Pavilion at the Marine Hotel. It is an upmarket restaurant & quite likely the only place open late on a Sunday night! Hermanus is funny that way! In any case, we had a wonderful meal - drinks & dessert. Our waiter was from Zimbabwe & we enjoyed a nice chat with him. I really like the Zimbabwean people. If only R. Mugabe would oh, I don't know, send an almond down the wrong tube or something like that! 


Apparently Brad Pitt stayed at the Hotel when he was here in 2004. He went shark cage diving & did a helicopter tour of the Cape. You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say I was a stalker. He had a place in Bragg Creek with Jenny Aniston, had baby Shiloh in Namibia & hung out in Hermanus. Either that or I'm just one step behind him in setting trends! He's already beat me to jewelry designing as well! 


Tomorrow Jaco & I start the detox with Health Nation & Dr. Singh. Oh boy. Will I stop the spin cycle once & for all? YES. This has to be it. This is it. So help me God & all the lumps & bumps in my body. Cancer or fat or otherwise. Amen.


xxxxChubby Maria


I LOVE this house. 
 Cheers!
 Chillaxin'
 The Sun Lounge
 Sun Lounge in the Marine Hotel
 Sun Lounge - check out the whale vertebrae on the wall
 Fresh flowers
 Trio of ice cream. Love the ice chunk it sat on. Very 'cool'.
 Malva pudding & ice cream! - Petro's is better! WAY better!
Stunning arrangement of proteas. (SA's official flower)

**Photos of the afternoon drive will come later. Nothing too exciting, so 
don't hold your breath!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been