.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, November 12, 2012

Mama Africa Gets Juicy

Right. So. If you check my blog regularly, you'll have the 'privilege' of seeing the video before anyone else. Here's the scoop.

My best friend's sister-in-law (you got that?) decided to do a 57-day juice fast to try and help some of her health issues. Someone suggested she blog about it & I love a good blog. I voted yes for the blog. She decided to do a vlog (video blog). I've been following her progress faithfully and she is doing AMAZING! 20 pounds vanished in 2 weeks! 

Funnily enough, another of my best friends was chatting with me about health and nutrition just a few days prior. At the time I had just changed my diet and started exercising to help my husband and I as we transition from ship to shore. She felt a little discouraged about health and eating, so I suggested she start small and we could help each other along. When JuiceGirl came along, I thought, 'Hey! These two should meet, if only virtually, they would be great support for each other!' I suggested a FB introduction and lo & behold, they are both losing weight like melting snow in African sunshine! I'm so happy for them both!

To show my support and wanting to boost my own health, I've decided to join them for 2 weeks of juice fasting. My Skoonma has a juicer, so I'm borrowing it for 2 weeks. I'll do my best to upload a video each day. I said I would try to include African animals as much as I can, but we're a little ways from any wildlife parks. I will also show snippets of what it's like over here, for those who have never been. 

It's hard to sit in front of the camera and just talk. I am used to being busy, not sitting idly, this could be a challenge. I hope this first video does what I hope it will - entertain you!

Stay tuned for more juice in life!

xxxx Mama Africa




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been