.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 554 - Family Outing

Can you believe it? We actually made it to Cape Town to visit the family! Jaco, Hennie, & I drove in this afternoon & spent the evening with Shilise & Johan. Gustav & Zandrie were both away, so it was only the five of us. 


Shilise & Johan stay in Jaco's house, and I hadn't seen it before, so today was the official tour. It's a very nice place. A quiet neighbourhood in a safe area, close to the grocery store & Zandrie's school is only 8 kms away. There is a pool in the complex, so plenty of cool summer days! There were plenty of questions - 'So, would you be happy living here? Would you live here in Cape Town?' We'll see...


We watched some Stormers rugby - thankfully they won. Johan is a BIG fan... Hennie & Jaco enjoyed the game. Shilise & I chatted. We feel the same way about rugby. Perhaps we'll go shopping next time the boys want to watch a game! 


Johan showed me the photos from Gustav's 21st birthday. They had a surprise party for him just a few days before we arrived home, so sadly we missed it. It looks like everyone had a great time! We also watched the slideshow Zandrie made for her brother. It was really well done! Plenty of humour & cute photos. My how we grow up so quickly!


We had a lovely dinner & before we knew it, it was 2130 & time to go home! I'm sure we'll be back soon, as we want to visit with Zandrie & Gustav before we go. And of course, Shilise & Johan too! We really need to start getting our days planned! They are going to be gone before we know it! April is already over!


Jaco sped us home. Yes, sped. Like 140/150 sped us home. I don't know how he does it. Maybe he was a Nascar driver in a former life... Or Grand Prix. I sat in the back seat & thank goodness for solitaire on the iPod. I think I would have had a heart attack otherwise. I was fairly tense!


Tomorrow we're off to Franschhoek to the Cheese Festival to meet up with some girlfriends of mine from ships. I'm very excited to see them! I hope there isn't too much stinky cheese. I'm cool with Feta. Brie. Marble. White cheddar? 


xxxxMaria


 Never a bad day for a swim!
The cool pool

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been