.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Nine - Brrr!

About to enjoy our Sopes!
She's a hat girl too!
Laura's favourite shop & her new Guess bag!

After our late night photofest, I awoke to the bright sunshine peeking through the curtains. Excellent! Another hot day! Well, it started out warm, but the afternoon was darn chilly! I was freezing! I'm not sure what the temperature was, but the fellow in the hot tub this evening said there was snow on the 'mountain'. Whatever that means!

Today I received Hydrogen Peroxide. There was a different sensation where the IV enters my body, but other than that, nothing new. Tomorrow is my meeting with Dr. Castillo regarding my bloodwork & I have a sinking feeling that it will be my turn to learn to administer my own needles. Wish me luck! Ugh! I'm trying to psyche myself up for it, but it ain't easy!!!

After my treatment was finished, Laura & I decided to head back to Las Americas. She needed to exchange some things for her girls at the mall. This was about the time I felt the chill coming on! Just that morning we had been commenting on how the people living here were strutting around in boots, jeans, jackets, sweaters, etc, etc & how much we enjoyed the weather. Yup, those words tasted good! I found a $14 sweater to keep me from freezing!

I also purchased a luggage cart - for Valentina. My arms are about to fall off!!! Either I've fed her too many tacos or I'm getting weak in my old age, as I find her heavy these last few days! Maybe because Mom isn't here to help carry her! In any case, I was very happy to find the little cart! Laura & I had a blast looking in the shops & trying things on. I felt like I was back in Europe for a moment! She even bought a pair of boots, so it was just like the good ol' days!

We went to a little restaurant called Achiote for dinner. We each had soped without the tomatoes. What is that? Corn bread, shredded chicken, lettuce, refried beans, cheese & sour cream. I added a little green hot sauce onto mine. They were served warm & were very tasty!

After our dinner, we went to Kmart for sticky tack, didn't find any, but I did find my halloween costume! It was only $12 (MOM!) & I am so excited about it! Valentina has her's - she's a hot dog with ketchup. I'm the mustard bottle! Tee hee hee! I can't wait for Saturday! I'll wear it to the clinic to spice up their day! (& mine!) Valentina will have the same leash from the wedding, which I think looks a little like relish.

We took the bus back to the hotel & made a quick dash for the hot tub. It was great to warm up after being outside most of the day. We visited with a fellow named Ray who drives truck for GNC. Apparently Laura knows him from her first trip here. He entertained us with his stories from working on a US Navy ship in Vietnam & Russia in the late 60's. Everyone has a story. How's your story these days? Are you on track with the way you wanted your story to be told? Mine's a little off track, but I'm working on bringing it back & having a ball doing it! :o)

I have made lunch for tomorrow, as I have a late appointment with Dr. Castillo, so I will need to stay at the clinic for most of the day. After the appointment, Laura & I are going to meet her friend in Old Town. I haven't been there yet, so that will be fun! Sadly, she leaves on Friday. I've really enjoyed meeting her & we've had a blast together!

Sorry it's short & not too enthralling... I'm sure my viewer numbers are dropping :o) but I'll do my best to keep you entertained! Sending love & hugs & best wishes to you...

Jill & Valentina xxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hydrogen Peroxide therapy! What do you mean "not too enthralling" !!!! That is really exciting ... cells, tissues, having a ball with that stuff.
Gzeeeshh, viewers can't be dropping if they imagine the adventure going on tissue-deep!!
Go Jill!
Charmaine

Jill Marie said...

Ha ha! Never thought of it that way! Yes, the cells will be having a blast! Keep the party hoppin'!!! xxxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been