.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day Twelve - Happy Halloween!

Entertaining at the Clinic
Tribute to Bob Hope
Giant Statue near Seaport Village - makes me miss my Sailor!
Enjoying a kiss & cuddle with my little girl!
Posing in front of an aircraft carrier

Navy ship going under Coronado bridge
One of the restaurants at Seaport Village
Yachts at Seaport Village

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope your day was fun & filled with cute little trick or treaters! And you passed out healthy candies or other alternatives?!? :o) Valentina & I had a fun day of making people smile.

I woke up extra early to be sure to have enough time to get dressed before we got in the shuttle. Needless to say, our costumes were a hit! We had photos taken all morning - even Dr. Rubio was impressed! We paraded around the entry to the clinic & there were plenty of chuckles & smiles. It was great! I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a long time.

I was the first one to finish my treatment, so I knew I would finally be back to the hotel at a decent hour. By the time we waited for the weekend rush at the border, it was about 2 o'clock. I decided to explore Seaport Village, so away we went. First the bus, then the trolley. I decided to take the costumes along & wear them around Seaport Village to see if we could bring a few smiles. Boy, did we ever! People were stopping us to take our photo & chuckling, giggling, elbowing their spouses in the ribs & pointing... It was great! We had photos taken by folks from Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, & even Italie! They were very impressed when I told them she understood Italiano!

We stopped at the pet shop & the lady who ran the shop, Nancy, said she'd been hearing about us all afternoon & was very happy that we stopped in to see her. Perhaps she was a little less happy when Valentina pee'd on her floor, but anyhow! Nancy is undergoing chemo for a cancer I can't remember exactly where. First it was her bladder & she thought it was gone. Now it's back. She is still working full time, but she was telling me about her Oncologist. He told her he doesn't want to know anything about her. He doesn't want to know if she has any kids or what her life is like, he just wants to treat her. (!) He phoned her one day & told her he was checking in to make sure that her will was up to date & funeral arrangements had been made. (!) I promptly told her about Dr. Castillo & to consider it - either now or later. I took her email address & told her I would be checking up on her! Poor woman!

Anyhow, our afternoon was near perfect making so many people smile & laugh. Unfortunately we had a hiccup. We were about to enter a shop when a lady I'd seen earlier, who walks with a cane & has a very bad leg, was just leaving the shop. What's the problem? Well, her dog (labrador size) attacks poor Valentina, lunging at her, thus pulling the lady with the cane to the floor & in the process tripping the lady's friend. They were both on the floor while her dog is still trying to attack Valentina. I'm reeling in Valentina's leash, which was already short. She's running a circle around me, eventually she's swinging around through the air as I've lifted her off the ground to get away from the dog. Some random fellow grabbed the lady's dog & got him under control. Valentina was scared spitless & I felt awful! Personally I think it was the costume her dog was in. It was a police uniform. Should have known. (We'll stick with the Drug Dogs from now on!) I went into the shop & got a band-aid for the friend who scraped her hand on the ground. Oh dear. Well, it was good while it lasted!

I decided it was time to go home at that point! We took the trolley/bus back, played on the grass & I went for a hot tub. We finally worked on a few more tricks & had a bath. I think Valentina had half of the car exhaust on her - poor girl! The water was black! Yuck! We brushed her teeth & cleaned her ears & she was very patient.

Tomorrow I think we'll venture to Fashion Valley or Mission Valley. We'll see how it goes. I'm getting the hang of the trolley system & enjoying going out. Just when I was beginning to think San Diego wasn't that pretty of a city, I went downtown in the day light & it's beautiful! Wow! Totally different than the San Ysidro I see! I don't think I could call it home, but I suppose you just never know!

Anyhow, thank you for the comments & remember if you have a yahoo or gmail account, you just sign in & comment away! Also, you can sign up to 'follow' the blog posts if you feel so inclined! I'm enjoying updating it every day & although I said I would write & journal while I was here, I suppose this is a bit like a journal. Oh, btw, anyone who wants a little Valentina of their own, her parents were 'naughty by a whoopsie' so let me know if you would like one! I would like another one, but now might not be the right time! :o) Valentina needs a little Giovanni to keep her company!

Buona Notte & Arrivederci! xxxx Jill & Valentina

2 comments:

Jill Marie said...

More photos can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=335745&id=667385170&l=5bbbcf77bf
Enjoy! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill I`m sorry but I had to laugh, picturing a large bottle of mustard with a hotdog swinging in the air. You are the only other person this would happen to besides me. Imagine the ladies complaining about their bruises, that they received when they were accosted by a large bottle of mustard and a hotdog, that apparently can fly. WWWho is going to believe that story. Keep that positive attitude and beautiful smile, and keep me laughing. Love Ya both Roxie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been