.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day Two - Long Day!

Negro Dazuro
Shrimp Taco!! Yeah! So delicious!!!

Is it playtime yet?

Cary Walker & I
Mom & Valentina in the Doggy Bag entering Mexico on foot

Just another day in Tijuana. Almost! This morning started out early again, as we wanted to be finished at the clinic early & head across the border to check out the US hotels. Wishful thinking! I was number 25 on the list. But not to worry, I enjoyed visiting with the other patients at the clinic. I met a lovely lady named Deborah from Houston. She has 4 auto-immune diseases & before she came to Dr. Castillo, she couldn't dress herself or go 'potty' as she likes to say. She's an ex-model & Flight Attendant. Now, she's walking around & going about her business like it's nobody's business!

I also met a lovely couple from New York -the wife has carcinoma (I think) & it has spread to her lymph system, there's the couple from Medicine Hat - the husband has liver & lung cancer, a lady from Jamaica, Manitoba, Smithers, it will take me all day to tell you all about them.

It's the best clinic I've ever been too. Everyone is so friendly & positive, the encouragement is awesome! When did you last visit the Dr's office & actually visit with someone?!? There were people laughing & carrying on in the treatment room... One cute little old lady on oxygen was taking photos of every move her & her husband made. His name was Gerry & he was a typical joker... It will be fun with those 2 around! Cary Walker was there again. I think he's a local celebrity with Dr. Castillo!

I was about 1/2 way through my Chelation bag & almost done the Laetrile when I started to feel lightheaded. Uh-oh. I called the nurse, Emily & she quickly helped me out of the chair, into a wheelchair & onto a bed. There I laid until the treatment was finished. I had 2 bags of Chelation, a syringe of Laetrile & a mini-syringe of an anti-inflammatory. That's it for today! Tomorrow is the appointment with Dr. Castillo.

After the treatments, Mom & I walked with Wenda & Bill back to the hotel & they were kind enough to walk us to the border & then drive us to the Best Western Americana. We scoped out the rooms & pool & then headed for the Best Value Inn, just a few blocks away. It's a tough call, but I think we'll end up at the Best Western Americana because it's just a little bit quieter than the Best Value. We also walked around a little strip mall that has a smoothie/juice bar & a great little grocery store with yummy produce!!!

We took the bus back to Tijuana & went for dinner. Tonight we dined at Negro Durazo. Very typical Mexican restaurant. It had ridiculous colour & decor on the exterior & live Mexican music blaring out the windows. But the food was quite yummy! The best shrimp tacos since Playa del Carmen! Whoo hoo! They also had Michelada's (Nico - are you out there?) & Mom & I have taken a shining to Pinata's - virgin Pina Colada's. Mom had lobster, but there was a Mexi-understanding... She thought she ordered the $22 plate, but it was actually the $40 plate. So, unfortunately our most expensive meal so far & certainly not the best one! We both agreed we should have revisited the Italian place!

Which brings me to my next dilemma. I really want to move to the US side because of transportation, food, groceries, etc, etc. However, I feel this moral obligation to support Mexico's economy while I am down here. I know, I know, they're making thousands of dollars off of us from the medical treatments, isn't that enough? Well, yes, but... The hotel staff have been beyond accommodating in recommending delicious restaurants, opening doors, meeting all our needs & questions. I just don't know what to do. (Typical woman, just make up your bloody mind already?!?!) (right boys?) Most likely, we'll head to USA on Friday after treatments. We'll enjoy one more night at the Hotel Pueblo Amigo & one more delicious Italian meal & then we'll hightail it north for smooth sidewalks & fewer car alarms.

I've supremely enjoyed brushing up on my Espanol. I'm no master by any means, but I've got a good grasp on things! It's such a beautiful language & most of the locals are keen to explain what to say & how to say it if I botch it up. Last night I was trying (for the third night in a row) to tell Mom how to say 'Good night'. It is supposed to be 'Buenos noches', pronounced 'bway-noss noh-chez'. After the 4th attempt, the closest I got out of my dear trying mother was 'Bonus nachos'. Well, 'E' for effort & there is always another night! Tonight she did get 'Todo bien' (all good) & we fumbled our way through the numbers.

Anyhow, I need to get some shut eye... so until tomorrow night... Bonus Nachos & Grassy A** from Tijuana... Love & hugs & Valentina says 'Ciao!'
Jill & Kim

1 comments:

Collet said...

Wow, Long day! Valentina is such a little model! I have never seen a dog look so good in every picture. I watch her grape attack on you tube last night and laughed! She was so tiny! You are so beautiful! Can't wait to hear how it went with Dr.Castillo!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been