.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 55 & 1/2 - A Little More Raiatea


Hello Everyone & sorry for the lag in posts! I've been enjoying every moment of this amazing part of the world!

Here are a few photos from Raiatea. I wish I could say I had some underwater ones, but unfortunately, I don't! The dive was amazing - another drift dive, with a strong current, but not near as strong as Rangiroa.

Once I'm in the water, I really don't want to get out! It's so warm & clear & the sea life is amazing! As I only did a one tank dive, I returned to the ship & dragged Jaco out. We wandered around the downtown area, which wasn't very big, and then walked over to a little marina where there were quite a few run down sailboats. Along the way we spotted a couple picked shells & filling a 1.5L water bottle with them. I am assuming they are making jewelry with them, but I didn't ask.

Jaco & I narrowly missed a few downpours. Even the rain is nice, because it's warm! I love it! We stopped in at the grocery store & picked up a few things. I am still amazed at how expensive everything is. I was told yesterday that if you can 'create' the same thing in French Polynesia, Customs charges you 70% import tax on that same item! Crazy! Anyhow, I don't know how it compares, but one price that I can remember is approximately $5-6 for a small packet of whole wheat spaghetti. Mom - you can let me know what it is at Planet Organic! I'm sure it will be less than that!

Anyhow, we wandered around, just enjoying the day & each other... It was fantastic! I am so blessed to be here now! Okay, off to Bora Bora... :o)

Love & sunshine,
Maria & Jaco
xxxx



Outside the dive shop in Raiatea


Dive Company - He's a student from Montreal - Julian


Hibiscus


Life is Good.


Nice Catamarans


Just before we got wet!




Picking Shells

The Shells they were picking.


Funky little buggy


Note the leaves open.


Note the leaves closed. You touch them with your fingers & they close. Amazing!


I could easily spend a long time here!


Or here.


Derek, the Nurse, from Scotland. He's a riot!


My Baby hard at work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been