.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Day Forty Six - Short Night

Hello Everyone!


What a send off this is! Blowing snow & more snow & more snow & more blowing snow! I am NOT cut out to live in this stuff! I love Alberta & all her people, especially my dear friends & family, but COME ON!!! I drove 60 km/h the entire way to town with the hazards on. My muscles all down my spine are completely knotted up & my chest feels like it's going to explode. But it sure looks pretty! Ha ha ha!


Okay, rant outta the way, bring on TAHITI!!!! I spent the entire day trying to pack & whittle it down to 1 bag, as per my husband's request. Well, I've got one bag. Then another bag bigger than the first bag, then the carry on bag, & the purse. I'll weigh it tomorrow & see where we're at! Whoopsie! Hey, at least it's not as much as last time! And I've got all my meds! And I've gained weight... more weight=more clothing=heavier luggage! :o)


I managed to drive in to the city tonight & I'm staying at Greg & Madelaine's (Mom2) for the night. Madelaine is going to take me to the airport in the morning. Although, Finnegan is rather, er, hormonal for Valentina, so I may be walking! He's across the hall & making more noise than I've ever imagined could come out of a dog's mouth/nose. It sounds almost piggish at times! Oh dear! I hope they have the day off & can sleep after the airport! Mom2 will be glad that Roxy is meeting me at the airport to pick up the dog! We'll be losing the popularity contest rather quickly!!! 


I'm going to miss my little girl very badly. 39 days! It's like giving up chocolate for lent or something! I'm going to be slightly stark raving mad by the time my plane lands back in Calgary come January! I will be very happy when we have her trained for Service Dog status & we'll never be separated again! That way she can come with Papa on the ship & we'll be one big happy family!


Speaking of a happy family, I phoned yesterday regarding jobs in BC & AB. BC wasn't too informative, but they show jobs in Dawson Creek, Fernie & Golden. Hmm. Not so great! AB was very helpful & cheery, but they offered a job at Barrhead. Hmm. I know some of you will be excited about this, but I'm still opting for Salt Spring Island! Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep you posted!


Jaco & I have much to discuss, we'll begin over a shot. A shot of what? No, not whisky... Most likely my shot in the derriere, as I want to give my thighs a break! (and my brain too!)


Okay, I'm off to bed... Stay tuned for the warmer posts to come! Yay!!!! Okay, being strangely attacked by my dog & her kisses... xxxx Maria & Valentina



Last Night with my Baby Girl!


Not impressed that Mama won't let her out on a date.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fernie and Golden - pick up snowboarding & you'll love it there! Have fun in the sun!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been