.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 58 - Moorea

Hello everyone!

Well, sadly, my day in Moorea wasn't as exciting as I'd planned. I woke up completely stuffed up. My sinuses have officially gone on strike! Thus, no diving for me! I didn't want to take the chance & not be able to equalize. Adding to that I felt a little less than sparkly, so I decided to take it easy. I went back to bed & managed to drool all over my hand, thanks to both nostrils being blocked & having to breath through my mouth. Thankfully my husband was at work & didn't see his wife at a less than beautiful state. (!)

FYI, this is my first cold in almost 4 years, so I'm pretty excited to have one! Dr. Castillo said there was a study done in Germany & people who 'never get sick' are 7x more likely to get cancer than those people who get a cold or flu 1-2x/year. I am optimistic that this is a shift in the right direction! Yay! Bring on the sneezes & sniffles!

I went out later on that afternoon sans Jaco, as he was busy with work. I walked a few kms to a hotel on the waterfront. It was a little disappointing after Bora Bora, but really, how can you compare?!? The water was a little chilly & murky, but apparently there are better beaches around the other side of the island. I guess it's who you know, not what you know. Luckily I have one more stop in Moorea in a few days time, so I'll give the diving another whirl. Hopefully I can convince Jaco to let me dive in Bora Bora once more... That was spectacular, I do say!

I won't post any photos tonight, as I'm about to go for dinner & need to blow my nose (again). The water was beautiful in Moorea & I can't wait to find the right spot to get in it! That said, I did see an awful lot of stray dogs on my walk to the hotel - made me happy I didn't have Lil' Miss V with me! She would have been a sausage snack! Adding to that, I had the daylights scared out of me when I saw something scurrying in the ditch. I thought it was a tarantula at first. (!?!) But luckily, it was only a land crab. There were plenty of them scurrying in & out of their holes on the sides of the road. I was fine with that, but then I saw a rat. Gross. I haven't seen many in my life. I don't mind the odd mouse that Adios catches, but really... A rat?!? Come on!!! What happened to the strict quarantine laws? Stray dogs? Rats? Not winning any brownie points here people!!! I have double checked & they do stock the rabies vaccination on board, so I'm covered if Fido decides to make me lunch! I suppose every island has its shady side!! :o) (But not Bora Bora!)

I did bump into Mr. Parker, whom I dove with in Raiatea & in Bora Bora. He was kind enough to give me a copy of the photos he took with his underwater camera. I will look through & post a few of them when I get a chance. I am excited to see them... The few that I did peek at had great colours & plenty of fish! Yay!

On a side note, I spoke with my dear friend Joanne. I am afraid that things aren't going so great for her. If you can find it in your heart to say a prayer for her & ask God for a miracle, that would be the best Christmas present you could give her & her family & me, too, as I care deeply for her. She has had to rush to the hospital today for emergency surgery & the timing is quite poor, as her family is arriving today for Christmas & also for her son's wedding, which is to happen on Tuesday. It doesn't look as though she'll be able to attend the wedding, so if you could please pray for a miracle & a speedy recovery so she can attend the wedding that would be wonderful. Thank you.

Thank you again for your comments & also for your prayers! Merry Christmas & love & hugs!

Maria & Jaco
xxxxx

ps - I think the comments work, you just need to click post comment 3x then I think it works! Sorry, but I don't know why?!?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am not having any problems posting...? Strange. I can't write much today as the little man seems to have a strange aroma about him! I hope you feel better soon, thank goodness you have the doc to love on you :) I will definitely be praying for Joanne too. Know that she is in God's care!

Anonymous said...

As for possting, I always click it twice and it works. Looking forward to seeing the underwater pictures soon. Thinking about you and Joanne. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been