.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 57 - Just Another Day...In Bora Bora!

Today was a stunner of a day. Blue skies, a few white puffy clouds & HOT like it should be. Another crummy head ache & sore throat left me a little under the weather, but not for long! Jaco & I headed out just before lunch. ps - Not to worry about the headaches & sore throat. I think it's from all the dry air from the scuba tanks & besides, I'm three years overdue for a good sinus cold, so bring it on!!

We managed to let the lure of Tahitian pearls take us to a shop, where we were both overwhelmed with the selection, options, & PRICES. Oh my word. They are expensive. It was crazy! After I'd spend way too long in the shop, waiting for some crazy passengers to make up their minds, it was time for me to make up my mind. I never did. I can't believe they charge what they do for a pearl! I know they are beautiful, but really?!?! $300 for one? And a mediocre one at that?!?!

We finally left for the beach. Why, oh why didn't we come here earlier!?!? Wow! Endless green/blue waters stretched out in front of us. When I got in the water, it was so warm & shallow. I swam & I swam, or rather snorkeled for ages & I could still touch the bottom! It was fantastic! I couldn't believe it. It truly was paradise! I am so incredibly lucky! I hope you get a chance to visit this magical island one day. Wow.

We bobbed in the water & checked out a few fish before it was time to get back to the ship. We caught a shuttle & Jaco dashed back in time for clinic & I did a little window shopping.

I watched the ship sail away & it was kind of sad to say goodbye. We visit Bora Bora once more, but I am secretly hoping it's raining when we leave. I don't want to leave & I hope if the weather is crummy it will at least make it a bit easier to sail away. **sniff, sniff** This place is definitely in the Top Ten List.

We're about to have dinner, so I will have to cut this post a little short... Jenn, I've got a little baggie for you... It's beautiful sand. I promise I won't stick my toes in it before it finds its way to you! :o)

Love & hugs from Bora Bora,
Maria & Jaco
xxxxx

Yours truly in water in Bora Bora!

Ain't nothin' like the sand between your toes!

My Baby soakin' up the sunshine!

The Happy Couple in Bora Bora

Sailaway from Bora Bora

Gotta love the colours of the water...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks even more amazing than Tahiti...& I didn't think that was possible!! Thanks for posting pictures. Robyn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jaco has some competition....a secret (or not so secret) love affair with Bora Bora. What are the other 9 on your top ten list, so far? Janis

Jenn said...

You're the best!! Thanks for the sand honey!! Hope it isn't an issue at customs for you. Bora Bora suits you and Jaco beautifully, are you sure they don't need a doctor at the Hilton??

Things are going along smoothly for Audrey's arrival, only 10 more days! I think this is the first year I haven't counted down to Christmas. As long as I don't have to spend Christmas or New Year's in the hospital then I'm a happy camper. Speaking of which, my doc thinks I'll be in the hospital at least until the 30th, and the 1st is the latest. So, if you plan to call, maybe make it the first week of Jan :)

How are you feeling?? I am sure sand, sun, and all the love you need are healing you from the inside out!! Love you!

Jill Marie said...

Thanks for the comments girls! Great to hear from you! Just had a stuffy day in Papeete - I forgot what it's like to have a plugged nose! :o) I can't belive it is only 10 more days until Audrey's arrival! Where does the time go??? Merry Christmas to you & here's to a wonderful & happy New Year... Hugs & kisses from Polynesie Francais! xxxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been