.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Day Fifty - Setting Sail For Our Polynesian Adventure!

Well, tonight we will finally set sail & begin our 10 day voyage around French Polynesia. It is hot! I love it! Today was 31!!! Can you believe it?!?! Wowser!


Jaco & I managed to go ashore yesterday & today, only for a few hours, but we enjoyed ourselves. Today we even found a health food store! Yippee! I managed to find some granola & muesli, so I can have a normal breakfast again! It was quite possibly the MOST EXPENSIVE health food store I've ever been it, but I was happy none the less!! $250 for 2 plastic bags! We also found the local supermarche, but it didn't offer as much as the health food store.



We strolled along the streets & stopped in a few places. I dragged him into the Pearl Museum. Quite a fascinating history! Ridiculously expensive, but fascinating none the less! We are just sailing away from Papeete, so I won't type too much. I want to get outside & observe a little bit! It feels great to be back at sea!! Tonight I think we are going to the gym & then for a little din-din. I am hoping to get a little assistance from the Chef to whip me up something healthier. Everything has non-Hoxsey items... white flour, white sugar, alcohol (!)... Why does French Onion soup need brandy!??! Anyhow, wish me luck!!!



I've met the Shore Excursion Manager & it looks like I should be able to dive! Whoo hoo!! They even offer a night dive in Bora Bora! Yippee!! I'll keep you posted!



Love & hugs & sunny kisses,
Maria & Jaco
xxxxx



Even the streets are lined with pearls!


The health food store - note the $125 bag of groceries! There is no pricetag to good health, right Honey??!! :o)


Beautiful flower - I think it's related to the ginger


Funky Catamaran/Sailboat

My Baby posing for the camera!

One of the pretty little flowers that had fallen & lined the sidewalk

Ahem, the two of us outside the Pearl Museum

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diving in Bora Bora...cruising with your husband in Tahiti...world traveller...only you, my dear friend! Keep safe and get healthy. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been