.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Day Forty Two - Brrrr!

Hello Everyone! I hope this finds you cozy & warm! It sure is chilly out there! I took the dog out very briefly to do her business & found myself coughing from the cold air! My goodness, this poor ol' body sure isn't used to such low temperatures! A bit of a sissy, yes!


Poor lil' Valentina. She's even worse off than I am! I let her out to go pee & sure enough she did, but shortly thereafter, her little legs quit working! It wasn't even 3 minutes & she was pretty much paralyzed! I have never seen anything like it! I was happy that I was out there supervising her, as she would have been legless on the steps! Poor little thing! I am not sure what we'll do about this, as she does NEED to go outside! I have searched the house & so far we're clean, but it won't last forever! 


The majority of the day was spent at the computer & on the phone trying to sort out a few things before I head off. As per usual, the day drags on & it feels like I've accomplished very little. Probably not too far from the truth, but I did manage to download a bunch of music from Limewire, so that will at least spice up my time on the ship & hopefully in the gym! :o) I have great ambitions! 


I am excited to find my snorkel & fins in the bunkhouse tomorrow! I need to dig it out so I can take it along, as well as the underwater housing for my little point & shoot. I am anxious to see some aquatic life! Bring on the Nemo's! 


I have started to pack my clothes. Oh dear. It's such a difficult job for me. I always take too much stuff. I just don't know how to whittle it down, like so many of you savvy travelers out there. One day I'll get it figured out, I'm sure! In any case, I will never have a lack of things to wear! Jaco said one suitcase. Hmm, I don't know if I have ever done that in my entire life! I travel for 2 days & I've got 8 bags! Speaking of travel, I discovered today that I will be taking Mom & Gord to the airport at the lovely hour of 0500 on Friday a.m. Lucky, lucky me! I will know that airport just a wee bit better by the end of the weekend! Additionally, I also discovered that Sonja, the friend of mine I visited with a few weeks back, is headed to the Pacific Princess & we are on the same flight from LA to Papeete! How small is that world?!? We most likely will end up at the same hotel! Ha! 


I am very excited to see my husband in just a few days! I can't wait to show him my neck & see what he thinks & if he can see a difference. I am starting to feel the difference myself & know that I'm not imagining or hoping for it to be different anymore. It's really happening! It's working! I'm becoming healthy again! On top of that, I've had a stuffed up nose all night & about 4 sneezes ('Starnuta' in Italian!) to go along with it! I haven't had a cold in 3 years, so that's exciting stuff for me! 


I have thoroughly enjoyed these past few days at home, catching up with friends. It is so reassuring to hear what is happening in their lives & know that I am not alone, nor completely out of my mind, as they have crazy happenings in their 'worlds' as well. Speaking of crazy things, I want to share a little story with you & then I will most likely leave you alone, as I am tired & need to get to bed...


My Mom's boyfriend has had some heartburn as of late. He has one of those adjustable beds, where you can lift or lower the head & foot of the bed. Thinking it would help him with his heartburn, he adjusted it to the right level & fell peacefully asleep. Only to be rudely awoken by a bed that was completely out of control! It was up & down, up & down all on it's own! Fumbling around for the remote to try & shut if off & not get sandwiched or stretched into a very awkward position, he finally managed to unplug the bed. He phoned Mom that morning while I was in the vehicle & asked her if she knew where the other remote was. He informed her that she wouldn't be able to sleep on her side of the bed unless she slept with her feet straight up in the air. It was one of the funniest things I have ever heard & picturing it in my mind, one of the funniest things I think I would ever see! :o) Thank you for the tears of laughter! It was well worth it! However, I do hope that his muscles, bones & heartburn haven't been further damaged! 


On that lovely note... I wish you a peaceful night's sleep & I hope you were able to spot the full moon tonight. Wow! Was it ever bright! No need for a flashlight! Thanks for checking in & your continued comments! I love reading them! 


Love, hugs & snow angels,
Maria & Valentina
xxxxx



This morning's view out the living room window.



The view out the back window from the kitchen.



The other day while I was driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story about Gord's bed is hilarious! I don't imagine he thought so @ the time, though. I love the pics in this post!!! Robyn

Jenn said...

You are so gorgeous! I wouldn't take a picture of me these days, even all dolled up. This baby can't come soon enough, that's for sure. Kind of haha about the bed, kind of scary. Glad it wasn't me, sorry Gord!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been