.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 60 - Moorea - Still Some Stones Left Unturned...

Hmpf. Well, another plugged nose & no plans. Unfortunately I didn't see too much of Moorea. A bit of a pity, considering most of the crew I spoke to claimed it was their favourite island. Looks like I'll just have to return!

Jaco worked for the first half of the day, leaving only a few hours to get off the ship. Neither of us communicated about who was taking what off the ship with each other, so we ended up in the tender with $20. We had talked about hiring a buggy to circle the island, but with $20, I don't think they'd even let us do up the seatbelt! The snorkeling is apparently really wonderful around the opposite side I'd walked a few days earlier & there is also a beautiful waterfall too. Next time!

We sat by the water for a bit & watched the local kids play & have a good time. Jaco decided to head back to the ship & I went with to get some $$ & pick up a few cheap pearls. I must say, hind-sight sucks. We got suckered into some pearls in Bora Bora & I have now discovered GREAT savings. Hmpf again. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, the good ones are EXPENSIVE. But C quality is a (little) bit more affordable & I say, if someone is looking that closely at the pearl earrings I'm wearing, they ought to be nibbling on my ears or they are too darn close! :o)

I decided that my hopes of scuba diving were now dashed. This sinus cold just wasn't going to cooperate, so I applied for a snorkeling tour instead. Hey, I gotta get into the water at least one more time! I dropped off my tour form, stopped by the Purser's Desk & they fixed my cruise card. I don't know why, but it was acting up every time I wanted to go ashore. There was a lovely Purser working named Andriette, from South Africa. It was so nice to hear her say my last name the way it is supposed to be pronounced. That & the fact that she called me Mrs... Tee hee, still gives me butterflies to stop & remember that I am actually a Mrs! I've heard my last name pronounced so many different ways, but no one can seem to figure out the call-its... One day I'll have the world trained. Maybe I just need to become famous or something... Shall I write a book about my travels? Publish some photography? Design some jewelry? :o) A girl's gotta dream!

Jaco also decided to give himself a haircut while I went back ashore... When I returned, he had a bald patch on his left temple. It appears the clippers have quit working. Upon closer inspection, he had them plugged into the wrong voltage. They weren't getting enough juice to work. I plugged them into the other plug & presto change-o! They worked! So, he cuts his own hair. When he proceeds to tell me he's finished, I noticed a large triangle of longer hair in the back. I offer to fix it for him & he reluctantly agrees. I then also offer to trim the top patch, which is also long. He VERY reluctantly agrees. It was my first haircut with scissors & I thought I did a pretty good job. Unfortunately he wouldn't let me even out the 'ocean wave' he has wrapping around his head, but here's hoping he'll change his mind soon. Petro, if you're reading this, it's not as bad as the 'mohawk' from last year! Of course, I think he looks handsome regardless, but I do like his hair on the shorter side. I'll do my best to get him cornered with the scissors & even it out! :o)

Jaco & I went for dinner in the buffet, which I heard someone call the buf-it today. Does that make it Little Miss Muff-it sat on her tuff-it or is it actually Little Miss Muff-eh sat on her tuff-eh? Just a thought. Anyhow, the food is rapidly becoming mundane. I will say the food is somewhat better on here than the other ships I've been on... But with the restrictions I've got, it's not helping. Thankfully we have organized fresh squeezed orange juice every morning & I can count on a baked potato from room service every night. Hey, a good spud when the buffet's a dud. Okay, okay, I won't quit my day job. :o)

I'm very excited for Bora Bora tomorrow... I do love that place! I returned to the cabin to find a tour ticket under the door. Yay! Snorkeling with sting rays & then to the Coral Gardens for a bit more snorkeling!

Sleep well & remember to be nice, not naughty... Santa is watching!
xxxx
Maria & Jaco

We were in port with the Starclipper - a real sailboat! Wow!

The Happy Couple in Moorea!

I'm thinking a sandal tan in December is a GOOD THONG, I mean, THING! :o)

Michael, Accommodation Attendant, on his 2nd day of a 10-month contract! 10 Months away from home!!! Crazy!!!

The Locals hanging out!

Side A

Side B - Whoopsie! Don't worry! It's better now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that you posted Jaco's haircut photos. Haha. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been