.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, March 04, 2011

Day 497 - Antigua

Ah yes. Antigua. I do love this island. The beaches are fine white sand & the water is the most delicate & feminine shade of green. It is simply beautiful.

Jaco & I left the ship around noon. We ran smack into M&D2 on their way back from their tour & a little souvenir shopping. They were headed to their room & then straight off again to have lunch with some friends they’d met on the tour.

We also saw Larissa, wearing this stunning red dress. Wow! What a looker! She was off to do some last minute shopping before she heads home next cruise. We made plans to connect this evening to set up our meeting time for tomorrow in St. Kitts.

Jaco & I haggled with some taxi drivers before finally jumping into a van with another couple who were headed to Dickenson Bay. I’ve been there before & it is nice. We were wanting to go to Darkwood Beach, but not at the price of $50 for a few hours! (It was $12 to Dickenson)

We walked to the end of the beach & found a little patch of beach that was quite secluded from the rest of the busyness of the main beach. The water was quite cool today, but once we were in, it didn’t feel too cold. In fact, the colour of the water alone was enough to make you never want to get out! Jaco & I stayed in the water for about 45 minutes until I decided I should get out. He went for a long swim parallel to the beach & I laid on a towel & read a book.

He came back & took his turn on the towel while I searched for a loo & took some more photos of the beautiful beach. I just couldn’t stop shooting the water! The colours! Amazing!

We found our cab driver & headed back to the terminal. Once we were out of the cab, Jaco realized he’d left his shades in the back of the cab. We tried to chase the cabby down, but we were too late. We managed to find another cabby who knew our cab driver & called him on his cell. He was out of town already, but said he’d return the shades to us. We waited about 15 minutes & ended up paying him an extra $5. Jaco then told me they were only $10 sunglasses. Not anymore! Thankfully he didn’t take his Maui Jim’s with him today! I had nearly insisted he did! Thank goodness he didn’t listen to me!

Jaco went back to the ship & I looked in a few shops. I didn’t buy any souvenirs, as I only had about 10 minutes to look before I had to be onboard.

I tidied up the cabin & finally connected to the internet. 198 emails later, I was up to date! Jaco called & told me we were going to go for dinner in an hour with the Medical Team, plus the Youth Coordinator & the Captain’s Circle Hostess.

We had a lovely meal & enjoyed a great visit with everyone. Rosie, the CCH,  was a delight! She is a treasure! An Opera Singer, a former Photog – who worked with Chris & TJ – two of my dear friends, a former Cosmo Marketer (yes, the magazine) and now she’s chillin’ out on Princess seeing the world! What a gal!

After our dinner, some of us headed upstairs to investigate Island Night. We sat outside in the cool Caribbean breeze & listened to the live band, watched the passengers dance & enjoyed some more conversation. I had a great chat with Bronwyn, who is getting married this June. I’m very excited for her! I also enjoyed visiting with Leana – she is such a ‘real’ person. Every time I visit with her, I feel like I’m walking away a better person. It’s never a chat about the weather or something shallow. Her words have substance… I’m sad she’s leaving soon too!

Anyhow… I’m off to bed. Tomorrow we’re searching for a fortress – supposedly the best views in all the Caribbean… We’ll see!

xxxxMaria













A perfect day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been