.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 515 - Grenada

You know, every time I come to Grenada, I find someone who is going to pray for me. No wonder I like this island! I went into a shop in the terminal & they remembered me from the last cruise. We got to chatting &, as usual, they remembered my hair. I explained why it was the way it was & they asked me if I’d taken saffron or turmeric. They said they would pray for me - one bloke & 3 women. It was so kind of them.

I stopped in one of the jewelry stores to window shop. I saw some men’s bands – Jaco has misplaced his (for a long time now) – and I thought I saw a price tag of $130. Not bad! Maybe the Caribbean is a good deal after all. I asked to have a closer look. Wrong. Try $1300! Yikes! Guess I’ll keep looking!

I picked up a few souvenir stickers – Dive Naked: Show Us Your Harpoon. It made me laugh! I then sat outside the shop & caught a free wireless signal. I managed to skype with Jenn for an hour. Thankfully she was online & after I sorted out my microphone, we were able to have a great visit. I’m so excited for her! She is going raw! Yay! It is inspiration for me to keep going! I won’t give in! I’m no angel, but I’m trying! I was so happy to see Harrison & Heidi on the webcam too. Heidi is growing so big! And Harrison is such a little gentleman! I loved the kisses being blown my way from both of the kids! Be still my heart!

I was again, one of the last people onboard & as I walked away from the terminal security personnel, one of our staff came running in asking for bandages, gauze, etc. A passenger from the Thomson ship we were docked with had fallen & cut his head. I jogged down the pier & went on the Thomson ship to ask them to send a medic & a wheelchair for the injured passenger.

When I walked out of the Thomson ship, three of the officers from the Sea Princess were standing there with puzzled looks on their faces. Which ship was I going to sail with?! Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was cute.

I made Thai Noodles for dinner tonight. Jaco ate a whole big bowlful & actually enjoyed them! I was impressed! I’m happy when he eats a lot. I’m happier when he eats a lot of healthy food! That said, he was already complaining about his belly & that he wasn’t going to eat that much tomorrow night. He did the dishes for me after dinner. What a sweetheart.

He watched a bit of telly, while I went to the mess to get an Internet card. On my way back, I stopped by the photo lab to chat with Carla. We had a wonderful visit – in fact, I think I was there for a good hour! Her fiancé called her to come for a bite to eat & only then did I leave! Whoops!

I returned to the cabin to find Jaco sleeping peacefully. I did my best to keep quiet & at one point he woke up. I asked him a question, but when I saw his eyes continuously rolling into the back of his head, I knew it was fruitless to take any answer he might mumble to me.

Sweet dreams to you…
xxxxMaria



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been