.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 517 - At Sea


Hmpf. Tonight I’m a little bit grumpy. The day didn’t start off that way. In fact, it started off kind of bizarre. I woke up at 0705 to the sound of Rihanna coming from the other room. Whoops. Forgot to double check my iPod before I went to bed. The only days Jaco gets to sleep in are sea days. Sorry hun. I turned it off & went back to bed.

I then proceeded to have really strange dreams. In fact, they were so strange, I thought, ‘This is ridiculous, I might as well wake up!’ So I did. I tended to my sprouts & crackers, made a shake & then some wheatgrass juice.

Jaco came in from his morning clinic & we watched a little bit of You Again on tv until it cut off half way through. He then returned to the clinic & I went up on deck to catch a little sun & read. I’m in the middle of The Caged Virgin by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about the secrecy behind Islam – with particular regard to women. Yikes.

I read for an hour or so & then headed to the Shorex desk to ‘do my shift’ – ha ha. They haven’t had any folding for me to do the past two days, so I’ve just sat & listened & gabbed with the guys. They are an entertaining bunch!

Tonight was Jaco’s wave at the Captain’s speech, so I dolled up & went out to take a photo of Jaco looking dashing & dapper. We visited with a few of the crew after it was over & not long after, Jaco was ready to get out of his suit & myself out of my heels.

I was going to make spring rolls tonight, but didn’t want to make them too early & have them sit out while we were at the wave. When we returned, I quickly started to get them ready. I knew Jaco would be hungry (as he eats NOTHING all day), so I didn’t want him to eat nut bars, apples & oranges – I thought some change would do him good. I’m learning the hard way that ‘change’ & ‘man’ do not go in the same sentence. Ever.

After we shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumber, mint, basil & cilantro, washed lettuce & I made a dipping sauce, I put it all out for him to enjoy & he ate one little roll. Are you kidding me? This coming from the guy who can gorge himself on 6-8 oranges a night! I was highly offended. He barely ate any of the fettuccini alfredo from last night & he still hasn’t drank one protein shake, even though we’ve had it for 4 days now! As if this wasn’t enough to discourage me from making healthy food for the both of us, the blue-green algae I thawed the other day & measured off the week’s worth of doses… it leaked ALL over the bottom of the fridge! I hauled it frozen all the way to the ship, I finally start taking the expensive stuff, only to have it wasted on the bottom of the fridge! ARGH x 100!!! Clearly today was not my day.

On a good note – I’m going on tour tomorrow. I’ll be seeing the salt flats in Bonaire. I spoke with Cesar, my friend from the shops, & he says it’s a great tour with many photo ops. Yay.

xxxxMaria

 Captain Martin Stenzel
 Introducing the Senior Officers
 What a handsome Man!
 :o)
What an introduction! Spot the Champagne Waterfall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been