.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Day 498 - St. Kitts

Today we went to several tourist places. Larisa, Angela, M&D2 & I found a cab driver - Vincent Joseph - and he took us in his van to the Fortress. It is supposedly one of the best views in all the Caribbean! I must say, it didn't really disappoint!

We drove quite a distance to the Fortress & walked around for about 45 minutes. We took photos (of course) of the views & the Fortress. There was a group of about 30+ bikers on Harleys visiting the Fortress at the same time as we were. It was quiet until they started up their bikes. Yikes. What a racket. Apparently they were on the Royal Caribbean ship we were docked next to. I couldn't believe they would allow all those bikes on the ship!

When we were taking photos at the top, some rasta man came up to Angela, Larisa & myself & commented on the three of us. He said something about family - I was the Mom, Larisa was my daughter & ... that was as far as he got! We burst out laughing! Larisa is 3 years younger than myself! Did I really look that old? The more questions I asked & he answered, the deeper he dug himself! It was funny, but my ego was greatly bruised!

From the Fortress we drove to Tower Hill & hopped out for a few photos. We could see the Atlantic ocean on one side & the Caribbean Sea on the other side. It was beautiful! The water looked very inviting.

We drove down to Friar's Beach from there & stayed for some lunch & a swim. Angela & Larisa left for the ship a little sooner than M&D2 & myself. We stayed & enjoyed the water a little longer. There were so many dogs on the beach, I couldn't figure it out. The owners looked American & I was really confused. Were there that many service dogs? Did that many people take their dogs on holidays? Is St. Kitts really that popular with young Americans? Yes. There is a Veterinary School on the island & the dogs belonged to students from the school. Ah ha! No wiener dogs, though.

The water was cool, clear & refreshing. I went in for a little snorkel - beautiful as usual! I collected a little bit of sand & then it was time to go. We headed to the van & Vincent drove us back to the terminal.

This evening was the last & final formal night. I had made arrangements for an anniversary cake for M&D2 to be delivered to the table after dinner. I hadn't told them what I was up to & they were very surprised & very pleased. (Their anniversary was the 3rd, but I wanted to save the cake for a Formal Night) Jaco was able to join us, although we waited quite a while for him! I was happy he was finally able to make it. It was a great evening.

I can't believe tomorrow is the end of the cruise. It has flown past so quickly! It will be strange not to have them onboard next week. Tomorrow is Dominica & it will prove to be an adventure - no doubt!

xxxxMaria

M&D2 & Vincent - Our Driver 
 I've never seen my name tattoo'd on someone's body before
Great Dane! 
Harley on a ship! 
Harley on a ship? 
At the Fortress 
Harley's 




Really bad judge of age. (I'm hoping!) 








Atlantic & Caribbean 


The girls & their twin cameras 
Too cute! 

Friar's Bay 


 3rd Formal
 Happy Anniversary!
 Marzipan cake!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine went to the vet school in St Kitts. It looks like an incredible place to be! Robyn

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been