.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 516 - Tobago


Today was rather overcast, so my intentions of heading out to Pigeon Point were short lived. I slept in, which didn’t help my intentions much, so I opted for the easy way out.

I bought coconuts.

I know, but what can I say? I was quite happy to help scrape the meat out of the fresh young coconuts (sounds violent, doesn’t it?) & put the water into a container to take back to the ship.

I spent the rest of the afternoon making ‘bacon’, ice cream, alfredo sauce & cheese sauce for the spinach Jaco & I would enjoy later this evening. I also put the sprouts into their sprouting bags. I had planned on making some oatmeal cookies, but when I reread the recipe, it said ‘dehydrated seeds’. Mine are currently very soggy. I’ll see what happens in a day or so & how I feel about dehydrating 5+ cups of oat sprouts. I’m still dehydrating walnuts for taco meat later this week.

I went to the Shorex desk after I’d finished my meal prep & enjoyed the story telling skills of Theo, Carlo & Kevin. Of course, Moses, the Videographer, strolled by to spice things up. It’s great to see them enjoying their jobs!

After they’d closed up shop for the day, I went to the Medical Centre to see how Jaco was. He had a few more hours of work to do, so I joined Becky, Nic & Tim for a drink in the Wheelchair, er, Wheelhouse Bar before they headed upstairs for Curry Night in the buffet. I had just finished my virgin colada when Jaco bleeped Becky to let her know I could come down to the cabin & finish up the supper preparations as he was about finished work.

Phew. By the time I finished making the supper, doing those dishes, eating dinner, making the crackers with the leftovers, doing those dishes & clearing off the counter to type this post, it’s nearly midnight & I am bushed! I think I’ll end here before I fall asleep in the chair!

On a sad note, Elizabeth Taylor died today. I don’t know many of her films, but I’ve always felt a ‘connection’ to her, if you will. Why? Well, we shared the same last name for nearly my entire life, we have a ‘beauty spot’ in the same spot on the same cheek & we both love beautiful jewelry. That’s enough, isn’t it? May she rest in peace.

xxxxMaria

 Market where I bought my coconuts

 Fresh young coconuts!
 The lady who expertly sliced & diced my coconuts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been