.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 522 - Jamaica

This morning Jaco rang me to let me know I had a tour in one hour. Yay! I was going on a little cruise to Paradise Cove! I haven’t previously done the tour, so I was excited to do something new in Jamaica.

It was a RIOT! I was a little concerned, as the catamaran I boarded was quite full. I’m used to small groups on smaller catamarans. But they made it work!

We sailed down the coast for an hour & on the way we passed a home formerly owned by Mick Jagger with a beautiful waterfall cascading into the ocean. We also passed the infamous Dunn’s River Falls & witnessed the first group of tourists starting their climb up the falls. Shortly after the falls, we arrived at our swimming spot.

It was beautiful! I had taken my snorkeling gear – mostly because I’m a poor swimmer & with my fins & mask I feel much more comfortable! They made us tie on a lifejacket around our waists, which suited me just fine! By the time I let all the other passengers get into the water, some were climbing out already! What gives? The water was BEAUTIFUL! It was so refreshing! I didn’t want to get out! I asked the guides how long we would be in the water – thinking it would be an hour – 25 minutes was the reply! 25 minutes! That’s nothing! I told them I would be the last one out of the water! And I was!

By the time I climbed back on board, the passengers had devoured all the fresh fruit. Oh well. I think I’ve got a nut bar in my bag! I took a few more photos as we sailed down the scenic & stunning coastline. When they announced they were going to sail out into the ocean, I guessed that the waves would be splashing over the front of the catamaran. I guessed right!

I went to put my camera away & join a young girl sitting on the mesh at the front & by the time I returned, the area had cleared! There had been a few big splashes & everyone left! Perfect! I had a blast! It was just like a catamaran tour I did in Barbados with the Photo Department. The highlight was sitting in the front getting splashed! Today was the sequel!

One other fellow sat up front with me, mostly because it was too rough for him to stand up & move elsewhere! He kept getting salt water in his rum punch. I was squealing like a little kid on Christmas morning! When I left the catamaran, the dried salt felt like shards of glass on my skin. All that was missing was the tequila & lime!

I showered & headed back out to visit Island Village one last time. I found a shirt for Jaco at Margaritaville – yes, Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. It looks great on him! (Jaco, not Jimmy Buffet!) I found a few of my friends from the shops & visited with them until I felt the sun piercing my skin. Wow. It is SO hot here!

I left for the ship, got hassled on the way back – as you do in Jamaica – and then went to the Medical Centre to take a few x-rays. Yes, that’s right! I didn’t do the x-rays myself, but one of the Nurses needed a digital file of his wife’s x-rays, so he asked me to take the photos on my higher resolution camera. It was a fun challenge & I edited them straight away.

Once I was finished with that, I helped my Shorex pals for 20 minutes or so & then it was back to the cabin. To begin, ugh, packing. It’s that time. I’ve packed a lot this evening. I still have a LONG ways to go, but I’ve put a pretty big dent in things. At least the cabin steward won’t have to do too much tomorrow! There’s no room to clean anything!

It’s one hour forward tonight, so I’m losing sleep as I type! That’s me for a great day in Jamaica!

Lekker slaap!
xxxxMaria


 The home away from home.
Dolphin Discovery
Mick Jagger used to own this property!
The Infamous Dunn's River Falls







 Not much to see under the water. A shell & one urchin.
 Interesting way to take the rope back!



Yah Mon! Everyting Irie.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been