.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 331 - Dog Tag

Today was pretty low key. Much like the past 5 or 6 days. I've got a nasty pain in my arm that doesn't seem to want to leave me. Bah! I decided to take the dogs for a walk & nearly pee'd my pants laughing while doing so.

Oceana doesn't like to go for a walk. She usually plants her back feet & refuses until you tug on her leash. She doesn't quite get it. Meanwhile, you grab your jacket & Valentina is all over the place! I thought I could get away without a leash for Oceana, but no. I carried her to the road & then put her down. She didn't want to walk, so I 'nudged' her from behind for a short ways. When she realized what was happening, she did her best to beat it back to the house. Ha! I grabbed the leash from the back seat of the car & we were off.

I threw the ball for Valentina down the driveway, while Oceana grumpily trotted alongside me. Valentina would drop the ball into my hand & be off like a rocket in the next moment, anxiously awaiting my next pitch. When suddenly it struck me. If I put both dogs on the same leash & throw the ball, Oceana will be FORCED to run alongside Valentina while she obsessively chases the ball. Perfect! Both dogs get exercise!

I thought I was going to die of laughter. Oh. My. Goodness. Poor Oceana didn't know what hit her. Valentina was dragging her all over the yard. I was gasping for air when the ball rolled across a mud puddle to the other side. Valentina was trying to get the ball & Oceana was NOT going in the puddle to help her sister out. 

When I got back to the house, I called Jaco out to show him my ingenious exercise idea. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. Here's the video we managed to capture. This was the END of the exercise session, as decided by Oceana. I hope you get a chuckle out of it. Next time I'll use the harnesses to save the occasional whiplash & help them (Valentina) pull a little easier. Let me know what you think! :o)

xxxx MJV&O


Although you'd never know they would ever want to be apart...


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Ok that was hilarious!! Poor Oceana doesn't have a clue. Good for a chuckle! That's the best medicine anyway!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been