.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 334 - Cars & Insomnia

Another day of post-chemo rubbish. I'm struggling to find the upside of things these days. My arm is getting somewhat better, no more codeine, but it still aches. I'm so anxious to get away & go somewhere - do something! But I'm just not there yet. 


Today we took Contemplate to the mechanics to pick up Mom's car & I made arrangements to leave Contemplate there next week. The brakes are a little shoddy & I'm not sure why. Hopefully it will be an easy fix! The mechanic, Duane, is a wonderful man. I visited with him & his wife for quite some time today. It's nice to have a mechanic you can trust & you know isn't going to tell you the 'caneutre valve' is cracked & needs to be replaced for $2000. (When I was in flight school, I trained with a fellow named James & he used to joke about telling women their caneutre (kah-noo-turr) valve was busted & of course, us non-mechanically inclined women would just nod & say OK. 


I wore the mullet wig today. I think I may have overdone it. I also wore legwarmers. What!? They are back in style! Okay, granted, maybe not with a mullet wig, but it was fun anyhow! I had some pretty funny looks when I stopped at the grocery store. All in good fun. I felt a little like Joan Jett, only without the leather & denim.


Shortly after we got back from the mechanics, I got another headache. I was in bed by 2100 - a record for me! Unfortunately I woke up at 0030 & could NOT fall asleep until 0600. Yes, six in the morning. I have never had insomnia quite like that before! Ridiculous! I feel sorry for anyone who suffers regularly with it! What a horrible thing to deal with! 


So, rather groggily, I say goodnight... or good morning...


xxxxMJV&O


 Valentina LOVES the heater - she gets SO close to it!
 I think she's on some tropical island at the moment... Wish I was too!
 Jaco on facebook... Or YouTube
I'm thinking of submitting this to Acana - good to the last kibble!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was REALLY hoping for a photo of your mullet and leg warmers...maybe next time? Janis

Jenn said...

LOL, Janis took the words right out of my mouth!! Maybe next time??

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been