.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 340 - KOOZA!

I have officially decided. Every hospital needs an in-house Cirque du Soleil show to distract its patients. Kooza was amazing. (To say the least)


I spent the entire day in bed. I felt horrible from yesterday's poisoning. I was 1700 before I hobbled out of bed, hunched over like a very old woman. We were supposed to leave at 1745 for town to meet our friends for the show. I had no clue how I was going to make it through the night, but I was NOT going to miss the show. I was fully prepared to 'yak' in my neighbours box of popcorn if need be. I have seen Cortéo & Varekai live thus far. Only 20 more to go. I signed up for their Cirque Club a few years back & was able to score a discount on the tickets, so they were plenty cheap! Yay!


Donning a wig & a bit of makeup, I was able to get out the door & into the car. Jaco drove us to Vistek, where we met Jacqueline & her friend, Kirk, whom Jaco & I both agreed looks like Clark Kent. We piled into Jacqueline's car & away we went. Just our luck, there was a Flames game that night, so parking was atrocious. 


We managed to get seated just before showtime. It was worth every single penny. Not only did it take my mind off of my body's nausea, it was completely astounding, amazing & jaw-dropping! The clowns were HILARIOUS, and yes, Jimmy was there, the entire show! I was so tempted to shout out, 'Yay Jimmy!' during a quiet moment, but decided against it! The contortionists, the unicyclist, the trapeze & tightrope artists... Wow! If you haven't been to Cirque du Soleil yet - TREAT YOURSELF! It's amazing & there isn't a bad seat in the house! 


Word of Caution:
I wouldn't recommend sitting in the front row - they like to play a few pranks now & then! Mind you, there were quite a few people who had pranks played on them & they were no where near the the front! One lady had her seat skyrocket 3' into the air! Then another 3'! She was pretty scared! We were all laughing, but I'm sure she was shocked! 


I snuck a few photos, but they didn't turn out so well. You're not supposed to take any photos & they are VERY strict - not even happy snaps with an empty stage in the background! The people sitting around us were pretty snooty, so I didn't want to push my luck. They grumbled about Jaco's oranges & the scent of citrus. (Can you see me rolling my eyes?) Don't make me take of my wig! This could get rowdy! Just kidding! I behaved myself!


Anyhow, we had a wonderful time with Jacqueline & Kirk. I think she's hooked on Cirque too! Perhaps we'll make it an annual date each time Cirque comes to town! Thanks for a wonderful evening that took my mind off of all the icky stuff! Seriously - they NEED to install Cirque shows in every hospital. Everyone would feel so much better! 


xxxxMJV&O

Kirk & Jacqueline

The Fabulous Four

 Ooh! The Fabulous Four again!

Dr & Mrs

Posing outside the Big Top Tent

Live music! Farewell! 

The Cast 

Crazy stuff! (those are chairs stacked on a ladder/stand) (I think there were 8 chairs)

Tightrope - Yes, they are cycling with a chunk of wood between them, upon which the other guy's chair is balancing on!) 

Because I ALWAYS skip rope on a tightrope! (Don't you?)

It's JIMMY!!! (the one with hair!)

Clowns. (No, they're the Contortionists, Silly!)

Jimmy the clown! (In the hat, kneeling down)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - great photos, maybe you should be a private investigator...sneaky! I love cirque as well, we saw Mystere in Vegas and fell in love! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been