.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 333 - Jacqueline!!!!

Well, today wasn't off with a very rosy start. I woke up with even MORE pain than the previous days. I was in dire need of a good toe stubbing to take my mind off the pain in my arm. It has escalated from a dull ache to a stabbing, throbbing pain. This sucks. 


After much resistance, I finally cracked & took a Tylenol 3. Just so you know & if you ever (Heaven forbid) have to take chemo drugs, the anti-emetics are constipating. Tylenol 3 is too. So, to combat the odds against me, I took 4g of Vitamin C in the morning & 4g of Vitamin C in the evening, along with a banana, orange & several large slugs of apple juice. Here's hoping! 


As for the rest of the day, Jacqueline came to visit! Yay! I met Jacqueline in March of 2009. She was about to leave Canada for South Africa with one of her girlfriends. Her Mother was petrified of her 'baby girl' going to a far away & scary land such as SA, so when my Mom & her Mom found out about the SA Connection, we all met for coffee so I could tell her Mom about SA & that is wasn't really that scary after all! Jacqueline & her friend, Adele, were volunteering at the Red Cross Children's Hospital in Cape Town & then traveling up the coast. 


Jaco & I were getting married in SA in April, so I invited the two of them to the wedding in Arniston. They came! Then, when we had the wedding in Waterton, Jacqueline made it to that one too! We've been wanting to meet up for quite some time now to talk about SA & share photos & stories... Today was finally the day! 


We had a wonderful visit over rooibos tea & some ginger cookies. FYI - Rooibos tea is from South Africa. If you haven't tried it, do yourself the favour. It's AWESOME! WAY yummier than green tea & definitely black tea! It's pronounced roy-boss (red bush) & South Africa is the only place in the world where you'll find it. Well, the actual bush - you can find the tea in the tea aisle at your supermarket - if they're a good shop! :o) I found a particularly wonderful green rooibos at Teaopia in Market Mall. The green rooibos has even more antioxidants because it hasn't been roasted yet. 


Jacqueline is studying at Mount Royal right now, but next summer will find her back in Africa. On top of Mount Kilimanjaro! What a gal! I'm so envious! And to top off the trip, she'll be chillin' on the beach in Zanzibar after her incredible expedition! We'll definitely meet for rooibos after that! :o) 


We made plans to get together for supper once her Mom comes back from her latest trip... I love meeting likeminded people who share a love of the same things you do. It makes live that much sweeter. Thanks for the visit Jacqueline - you made my week!


xxxxMJV&O


If Jaco & Jill doesn't sound funny enough... Try Jaco & Jacqueline! :o)


Jacqueline is driving away as Jaco closes the gate & the dogs chase a cow around the corner of the house. Talk about an action shot! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been