.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Day 191 - Barbados!


Oh bummer. Today was May Day. A public holiday in Barbados. Which meant that ALL the shops were closed. No wigs for me! Pooh. I was so disappointed. I spoke to a lady in the terminal & she told me they had every colour, shape & size of wig you can imagine. Hmpf.

Eddie & I went ashore about 1130. Valentina was not allowed off & Jaco had plenty of work to do. He had wanted to come ashore, but it was the other Doctor’s turn.

Eddie & I stopped at the Post Office in the terminal, where I bought the remaining postage for my postcards. I asked the lady behind the counter, Jascinta, about the wig shop. She said it would definitely be closed, but she knew a lady who made them & said she would try to get ahold of her. She left me her cell number to call her back in a bit to check & see if she’d had any luck tracking the lady down. Unfortunately she didn’t, but how sweet of her to try! Wow!

Eddie wanted to go to the Malibu Rum Distillery, which was right beside the beach. I wasn’t objecting to anything, so I said sure! Away we went. The beach was beautiful. That is an understatement. I am of the opinion that Barbados has the best beaches & the best water. And that opinion was definitely reinforced today. Oh. It was breathtaking. I didn’t want to get out of the water. And for me, that is rare. Usually 15 minutes is more than enough for me. But not here. I was in the water for a good 1.5 hours! There was a bit of a swell, but the water was so warm & refreshing. It was truly perfect. I could have stayed a few more hours!

When I returned to the terminal, I was poking in & out of the shops when I spotted the Del Sol shop. I remembered Collet telling me about her Mom making friends with the lady at Del Sol. Collet had told me to stop in & say hello from the family. It had been a year since Collet’s family had been in Barbados & I wasn’t even sure if this was the right location, but I thought, what the heck! Worth a try. Sure enough, the young lady working there remembered Peggy & the family! It was brilliant! How cool to meet her! We exchanged Facebook names & I’ll be sure to let Peggy know I met her friend! The young lady’s co-worker had been to Canada & we share a love of shopping, so we were talking about all of our favourite shops. She was quite impressed to learn that Alberta doesn’t have the PST that some of the other provinces do. They were talking about visiting during Stampede. I would love to show them around ol’ Cowtown! Ha! I love a small world!

Back onboard, Jaco & Valentina were having a wonderful time together. Jaco even gave Valentina a bath this evening. Now that was cute! He’s really going to miss having us around! I’m going to miss having him around. The days are dwindling rapidly & I’m not excited about that in the least. My heart is already heavy at the thought of goodbye. Again.

Anyhow, I’m going to try & get to bed somewhat early tonight so I can break the cycle of crummy sleep patterns! Here’s to a fun filled day in Grenada!

xxxxxxxx
Maria, Jaco & Valentina

Having a nap waiting for Eddie

I love the beach!

Oh yeah.

Just another day in paradise.

Finally found a good beach hat!

Writing in the sand

Yup, she's in the water!

Pretty clouds

Eddie, Jens & Jenny

The sky from below the surface

The beach

My Argentinian friend, Eddie

Leandre & Co @ Del Sol - She knows Collet & Co!

My 2 Favourite Beings!

Remember how I said Valentina likes to get in on the action?!?

Papa's turn for a nose cleaning.

Mama's turn for a nose cleaning.

Valentina's turn for a nose (& body) cleaning

She's not lovin' it!



1 comments:

Jenn said...

That water looks amazing!! AND, I love your sun hat!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been