.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 208 - Ole & Co.

Yet another uneventful day... of sorts. I am thoroughly enjoying the ample rest & my body is too. My neck is slowly beginning to calm down & I am very happy about that. The swelling is decreasing & the lumps are feeling smaller. The itching is still there, but I'm learning to live with it. 


Today we had a house full of guests for a short period of time. Mom's friend, Ole, passed away in April & his service was a few days ago. Mom didn't find out until the service was over. She was quite upset. 


Ole came from Norway & loved photography & the outdoors. He would often visit the ranch & spend time away from the city & enjoying the solitude out here. I didn't know him very well, but every time I saw him, he would share his photography with me & the last time I saw him, he brought out a beautiful coffee table book filled with stunning panoramas of various nature scenes. He had asked me to go with him to Wellspring, but I never took the time to go. 


Mom had told me that Ole had been through cancer treatment before, but it had been successful. When I returned from the ship after Christmas, she mentioned that he wasn't doing well, but I thought it was just an illness in passing. Unfortunately, it was the cancer. It was back & in his bones this time. I am amazed that it took him so swiftly. He wasn't very old & what a wonderful man we have lost! Grrr! It is so frustrating! I know we can't all live forever, but gosh darn it! This sucks! I remember when I was little - I had no concept of death & illness, but for a headache or tummy ache. Now, the reality of death seems to be something I face on a far too frequent basis. 


Ole's wife, Sue, came out to the ranch to visit Jim & to stop in & see Mom. She brought with her some of her relatives - her parents, brother, son & sister-in-laws. Oh boy! They were fun! They loved the wiener dogs & Adios! The brother was a dopple-ganger for Bruce Willis! Wow! The sisters-in-law were brilliant! It was great to hear the accent! They were enjoying their time in the area & Sue was having quite the time to keep everyone on track! I can only imagine! Mom passed around some of her day planners & they were very excited to receive them! Ole had been sending his sister one every year for the past several years. Mom & I have relatives in Norway, so if we EVER make it there, we're going to stop in & visit Ole's sister. 


The rest of the day was spent cleaning & tidying. Still. Does it ever end? Have a great night & here's to Ole - another Angel up above - sending us great light to get that perfect shot! We'll miss you!


Love & hugs & gratitude for the time I've been given,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxox


Ole's family

I am so impressed! This many people & no body blinked in either photo!!!

Poor lonely Adios finally sneaks in for a snooze!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been