.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 212 - Mehh.

Today was a strange day of sorts. I slept until 0930 or so when Oceana's yips woke me up. I had been tossing & turning & trying to squeeze in a few more zzz's. I was having a beautiful dream. Mmmm. Michael Buble. He wanted me to be a back up singer (Lord help his career!). It was completely life like & I even managed to wake up & fall back asleep & keep dreaming. He had a crush on me & introduced me to his parents & grandparents... What a fun dream! Of course, I googled him when I woke up & to my dismay, he's engaged. Oh well, I'm married anyhow... :o) He's coming to Calgary in August & I have every intention of taking Jaco. Yay! I saw him about 2.5 yrs ago with Mom & Mom2. We had the worst seats in the house & we still had a blast! If Mom2 had moved over one more seat, the spotlight would have hit her in the head! Good times! 


Anyhow, moving on with the day... Well, honestly, it really didn't progress into much. I spoke with a friend who has been through chemo & Hodgkin's & she did a lot of emotional/spiritual work along with her treatment. She's got an interesting take on things, so I'm planning on meeting some of her friends/mentors next week. She brought up a very interesting point. I have held the thought that I need to do some emotional 'work'. You know, get rid of all the yucky stuff I'm holding onto that might be keeping me in a less than healthy or negative place. She suggested that there isn't any work to do & that we are already perfect exactly as we are. I thought that was pretty clever! Yeah, why not? Why should I have to punish myself & make myself feel bad about having to do a bunch of work?! Why not just start each day as a fresh new day with none of the baggage from yesterday or yesteryear? I am going to adopt that mentality. It makes sense! Thank you Fawna! (http://www.fawnabews.com) 


I finished my chat with her & decided to stop in & see Joe at EVIC before I took the recycling away. As this is the long weekend, the centre & campgrounds are quite busy. The weather hasn't been too cooperative, as usual, so a lot of fair weather campers were heading back to the city. Apparently there is a fair bit of snow falling at Little Elbow, which is a stunning campground about 25 kms from EVIC.


When I returned from recycling I took the dogs for a walk to the highway & back. Then we played fetch in the yard. Oh man, Oceana was right wound up! She was ripping all over the place. With her antics & the squeaky toy, the poor horses had no clue what was going on. They were giving us some pretty strange looks!


We came inside & I started cleaning. Again. Man, this job never ends! I hung up some bathroom curtains, bedroom curtains & finally washed the new sheets from Ikea to put on the bed. Enthralling, I know! I sorted through a few papers on the desk & got the bankruptcy papers ready to burn for the Head Shaving par-tay... June 17th if you're around!


I booked my flight to Victoria to see Jaco & I am so excited to see him!!!! I'll spend a night with Ross & Krystle, a night with Karen & Werner & then visit Jaco for 4 days. Then it will be August before I see him again! Pooh! I spoke with one of the Fertility Nurses today & she said I could go, as long as I would be back in time for the ultrasound & blood work. Off I go!


So, as Michael Buble serenades me to sleep, I hope there's no snow on the ground tomorrow... Sweet dreams.


Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Looking out the kitchen window - the bull on the left was playing with the Christmas tree moments before!

I actually quite like this picture... Too bad it's on the point & shoot!

Adios intrigued by something!

Tweet Pea squeakin' away!

Sisters forever!

Well, at least until she steals my toy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been