.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Day 196 - Last Day At Sea

The packing is finally complete. The last of the deliveries has been made & I am exhausted. I spent the day running around & trying to fit every last thing into the suitcases & still keeping them underweight. If my new scale is correct, I'm 25 lbs over on one case & just under the wire on the other. 25 lbs gives me a $50 fee, whereas another bag is a $75 fee. One of these days I'll be underweight! 


Jaco was busy as ever, so it was a long day for him too. We hardly saw each other all day, which really bites, as it is our last day together for awhile. I will try to come back in a few weeks, but I'm not sure what lies ahead of me as far as treatments & such. Fingers crossed I will get to see him again soon!


Today was another stunning day outside. I made it a priority to get out on deck for a bit. I'm glad I did, as while I was out, a few dolphins were swimming alongside the ship & it was quite the sight! I've seen pods of dolphins before leaping out of the water, but these dolphins were AWESOME! They were flying out of the water, doing backflips & twists, they were really having a blast! It was fantastic to watch! I was excited! When I had dinner at the bar again & David was there, I asked him if he saw the dolphins. His reply: 'Dolphins? What's so exciting about dolphins? They're just gay sharks!' Okay. Never mind. I thought they were exciting!


Several people stopped by to see Valentina, as I had her tied to the lounger so we could both get some fresh air. One lady came by & visited for nearly an hour! She was a breast cancer survivor & filled me in on her experience. It was nice to visit with her. Another fellow stopped by to tell me of his neighbours sausage dog, Otto. Apparently Otto is quite the character!


I gave Eddie his photos, Johnny his edited ones from the shoot, collected my photos from the cruises & delivered thank you cards to all the appropriate parties! Jaco & I bought a Spa Certificate for Kirsty, the gal who organized all of Valentina's trips ashore. She was a real miracle worker, as I didn't expect Valentina to be allowed off much. 


I took Valentina around the ship to say farewell to the friends she had made throughout her 3 weeks onboard. We visited the Spa, the photo gallery & of course, the shops. I think she easily could have stayed onboard & become the ship's mascot! We'll have to go back again, as she never got to visit the Bridge. Next time! 


Finally, the day was through & it was only the three of us. We enjoyed our last evening together & dreaded the morning to come.


Sleep well & be grateful that you have the ones you love close by & if you don't, they're only a phone call away.


Maria, Jaco & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Tired of packing

My Man & my Tweet Pea

Snoozin' with Papa

Crap photo of a dolphin, but the best I could get with my Point & Shoot!

Goodbye kisses for Daniela!

Thanks Kirsty for the trips to the beach!

Thanks Melissa for keeping us safe @ sea!

More cuddles for the Security Team!

The sun sets on my holidays.

Goodbye kisses for Eddie

Upside down dreaming wiener dog

Do you mind? I'm trying to get a little shuteye before the flight?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been