.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 202 - Doin' The Shuffle


Phew. What a day. I’m wiped! I’m not sure what exactly is causing this lack of energy, but boy, am I tired by the end of the day! Come 2100, I am ready for bed! I generally don’t find it until 2300, but not for lack of trying!

Today was a day of shuffling. As Mom has arranged her room into my room while I tackle this chemo thing, there was still a little rearranging to do. (& still is!)

I decided to put the desk in my room & give Mom more room in the living room. This meant moving the large clothes cupboard. And it meant moving the bead trolley twice. It also included taking apart the desk. It’s an antique & was no small task! Luckily Mom’s friend, Mitch stopped by & was able to give us a hand! I tried to put the TV on top of the desk, but it’s too large. I’ll be on the lookout for a nice flat screen TV… If you know of anyone, send ‘em my way! I’ll even rent it for 6 months! (I have plans to watch a lot of CSI & House this summer!)

Anyhow, we moved the mirror, sorted out closets, shuffled washstands & cupboards, threw out this & that, put this away for goodwill, that for recycling…

We also attempted to change the battery in Contemplate, but I think the Dude at Canadian Tire sold us the wrong one. The amperage & so forth is the same, but the part number is different & the posts are too far in the centre of the battery for the cables to reach. Looks like we’ll be driving NeverLate for another day!

The new girl & Valentina are getting along famously. Oceana is really coming out of her shell! It’s great to see! Valentina is still quite vocal & very possessive of her toys, but we’ll get there! Oceana will now go up & down the stairs on her own, fetches the ball & didn’t even mess in the house today!

Mom made a wonderful dinner – shrimp, red peppers, pineapple, garlic, ginger, coconut milk & quinoa and a couple of corn on the cobs. Yum! I’m so grateful she cooks, as I would be a waif otherwise!

I rearranged my jewelry drawer & polished my silver jewelry. I am very excited to wear my necklaces again & have them sit properly on my neck! Bring it on!

It was absolutely stunning outside, so I ventured out for a little reading in the sunshine. Valentina laid with me while I learned a little more of Cesar’s methods. I’ve got 10 pages left in the book! Yay!

I also spent some time last night & this morning looking for wigs online. It appears they are quite expensive! I’m very frustrated I missed the shop in Barbados, so I tracked them down online & called their head office. They are going to email me some photos & I will place an order & have it shipped to me. Just to give you an idea, the human hair wig I bought in Antigua was $30. Online the cheapest I could find was $70. Most of them are $200-1700!!! Crazy!!!

Anyhow, not too exciting of a day. Tomorrow will be a long one… Wish me luck & here’s hoping I have some good news to report! Love & hugs,

Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxo

2 weiners on a treadmill

That's the long & the short of it, Folks.

Me & my wieners

Valentina

She forgot her dentures

Oceana

Dreaming of squeaky toys & treats

Oceana May


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been