.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 207 - Sick As A Dog

No really. Today I was sick as a dog. It's a short post. I woke up with the chills, feeling achy & tired. The weak feeling that settles in your bones. I felt slightly nauseous, with a bit of the trots. It got progressively worse & by 2100 I had a raging fever. I went to bed & burned under the covers. 


Mom had been gone most of the afternoon & evening, but when she called before she drove home, I asked for chicken noodle soup. Like the great Mom that she is, she made me soup & I felt better instantly! Well, except for the burnt tongue...


She put essential oils on my back & I was about to go back to bed, when... I picked up my shirt & noticed 2 wet spots on it. Did Mom spill oil on it? Sniff, sniff. Ugh. That's not oil. OCEANA!!!!!!! Mom! You dog pee'd on my shirt! Wait! It's all over the.. 
1. Pillow & case
2. Another pillow & case
3. A blanket
4. Another blanket
5. Another blanket
6. The duvet (yes, I sleep with a lot of blankets!)
7. The duvet cover
8. The sheets
9. The mattress cover
10. The mattress
11. Don't forget my shirt


It was 2330, I was sick & tired & the last thing I needed was to clean up urine & find new bedding! Ugh! That's it! The dog is not allowed in my room again! (She'd pooh'd by the bed the night before!) I was so angry!!! But I suppose it paid off. My fever broke I got so mad! To all the dogs out there - I don't recommend this technique to help your owners get better! It's not worth it!


And that was the day, or rather night. Keep warm & keep well... I'm huddling under 3 throw blankets & sleeping on the decorative heart pillow tonight. Here's hoping this icky feeling is gone tomorrow!


xxxxoooo
Maria & Valentina


Oceana's last nap in my bed...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been