.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 206 - Unka Jer Visits

Today my Mom's brother, Jerry, visited. He has had a whirlwind of change in his life in the past year or so. He became a Yoga Instructor, sold his home in Saskatoon, traveled across Canada last summer, moved to Golden & recently started up his own business... Driftwood Carriage Ride, Co.. I'm excited for him! It's awesome to see someone follow their dreams & have the perseverance & happiness that he does along the way. 


Unka Jer, as he has revamped 'Uncle Jerry', had arrived late last night & this morning, Mom made us breakfast. Fresh Toast a la Kim style. She used coconut milk along with a splash of almond milk & vanilla, dipped the french toast (sprouted grain bread) in shredded coconut before she fried it & then put fresh pineapple, mango & strawberry on top with a hint of mint. Yummy! (don't forget the maple syrup on top!)


Uncle Jerry has a marvellous sense of humour & it doesn't take long to get things rolling. He had a lot to do in the city (sorry, my dog is TOTALLY snoring as I type this), so Mom went along to visit & keep him company. I stayed home & enjoyed the GLORIOUS sunshine we had today. 


Valentina was at home with me, so I pulled the lounger around the sunny side of the house, took out a good book & settled in for some vitamin D. I could hear the phone ringing inside the house, but luckily I had taken the cordless outside with me. Hello? Hello? Why don't I hear anything? Argh! Mom changed phones & I had brought out the old one that was plugged into my room! I could hear the caller phoning again, but there was no way I could do the 50 yard dash & still get to the new phone. I walked inside & sure enough, it was Jaco. Seeing as I can't call him back, I was pretty bummed when he didn't call again. :o( I wandered back outside for a bit more sunshine & reading before it cooled off too much.


Yes, it was a quiet day, but I am grateful for it! I am enjoying every minute to rest & recuperate. No stress, plenty of rest & catching up on the blog! 


Sleep well!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Tropical French Toast

Scrumptious!

Unka Jer & his 'iBag'

Tweet Pea like vitamin D too!

Tweet Pea catching up on her rest too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been