.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Day 198 - Unpacking

Well, here I am, home again. My Mom has really outdone herself this time. I arrived home to find that her & Roxy had spent an entire day swapping Mom & I’s rooms around. Yes, my Mother is that caring. She is so concerned that I will need the room while I am in treatment. My previous room was very small. I feel quite guilty when I see her dressers & things crammed into it. She doesn’t even have a bed in there yet! She slept on the futon last night.

She thinks it will work out fine, as the room is close to her office, she can get up & work, use the treadmill, kitchen, etc, etc & I will be able to sleep in peace & quiet, with a bathroom 4’ from the bed. I don’t know how my body will react to the chemo, but Lord help me, I hope I’m not that bad!

In any case, I slept until 1145, with wakeups at 0500, 0700, 0900 & then finally out of bed at 1145. I woke up with a splitting headache. I haven’t had one like this in a long time! Every time I stand up, my head throbs. I finally took a pill about 2000 & went to bed at 2100 with peppermint oil all over my face.

I spent the majority of the afternoon unpacking. I had a mountain of things to put away & arrange. I’ve made a big dent in it, but I’m nowhere near finished! Most items survived the flights & no leaking bottles this time! Thank goodness! Valentina enjoyed bringing me toys & rolling in the piles I was trying to put away. She’s such good help! :o)

I hung up my butterflies above the bed. I love them. They are so beautiful. One of God’s most magnificent creations! From a lowly caterpillar to cocoon to a floating rainbow, they are incredible! I picked up another frame in Aruba, so my collection has grown again!

About 1500 I decided to take Valentina for a walk. We went to EVIC, where I worked last summer. It was a Saturday, so Joe was working until 1600. We had a great chat & of course, Valentina was excited to see him! Although she did bark at every person who came through the door! Looks like we need to work on our ‘Silenzio!’ Joe’s birthday is in a few weeks, so I’ll be sure to stop in again to see him! He’s a really wonderful guy. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t think my job would have been near as enjoyable as it was. He has to be one of the funniest & quickest witted people I have ever met. I was in stitches for most of the summer!

Valentina & I walked back home. On the way we saw 2 Canada geese strutting around the old kill pile site. After we crossed the cattle guard, I let her off the leash to run. She was hilarious! She’d burn past me, stop, smell & wait until I caught up. Then she’d burn past me again… I practiced making her sit & come off leash. At first she didn’t want to listen, but after that, she was great! Atta girl!

Jaco phoned & he was exhausted! Poor fella! He’s had a few long days & nights since I left & is in dire need of sleep. He was fading away on the phone! We spoke for an hour & then he went to bed. And so did I! It was 2100 & I was crawling in to bed. Of course, I woke up at 2200 & then 0100. It’s now 0258 & I’m going to try falling asleep again. I spotted Dad on Skype as I was messaging Petro, Jaco’s Mom, so I messaged Dad to ask why he couldn’t sleep either! He had heartburn. A quick phone call & then he was off to bed again.

Valentina is snoring now, so I guess it’s my turn to try & do the same… Lekker slaap!

Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


'doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my front door'


Who wants snow in May? Not I.

But I am happy it's melting!


En route to EVIC


Mud puddles & puppy dog tails


Passed out cold!


Do you mind? I'm trying to sleep here!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Well it may not be the Carribean but I for one am VERY glad to have you home! What a wonderful surprise, seeing you at my modest birthday party. I was hoping for a cheap trip to Vegas, so we'll have to work on that!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Your Mom is so kind - what a fab lady! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been