.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 214 - Long Walks & Long Talks

Another beautiful day on the ranch. Mom's friend, Vivian, came out this afternoon & we all went for a walk. We walked all around the meadow, past the horses, past the yearlings, past the cows & calves & back home. It was a good 2 hours of exercise & fresh mountain air. It was really nice to get out & enjoy the scenery. It has been a long time since I've ventured out around the ranch. If you're ever bored, come on over for a stroll around the area... I'd love to have some company!


Vivian is quite the gal. She's house sat, nanny'ed & been a personal assistant all over the world. She's led quite the exciting life! She has a great sense of humour & is very quick-witted. When I asked her if she was coming to the Head Shaving Par-tay, her reply was, 'Well, yes, as long as you don't expect me to shave my head. I might shave my legs though.' It made me laugh!


The little dogs were pretty tuckered out by the time we got home from our walk. They had fun crossing creeks, jumping over logs, spotting cows & horses, and of course, the all-you-can-eat cow pie buffet that I did my best to interrupt! Gross! Bring on the dewormer & toothbrush! Back at the house, I came in to wash my hands & by the time I'd finished, they were both curled up & asleep in the dog bed! I guess those little legs do wear out!


Vivian entertained us with her Dean Martin & Elvis songs while Mom made supper. All went well until she asked me to watch the rice. I watched it alright. I watched it burn! I didn't turn it down when it boiled, so whoopsie! It was very much stuck to the bottom of the pot. What can I say? Mom told me I was fired. I actually felt happy about that!


While Mom & Vivian looked at photos, I answered a call from Nicole. We talked camera gear, travel, wigs & computer programs. After I hung up with Nicole, Ami called. I had been waiting to talk to her for days now! We happily chatted about England, USA, jobs, lifestyle, weather, friends, her 10K run she just completed & shaved 13 minutes off her time (!!!) & plenty of other issues. After Ami & I said goodbye, I called Roxy for a quick chat - which turned into an hour! When we said goodbye, I went out to check on the fire Mom & Vivian had going, but they'd just poured water over it! We were on our way in, when Jaco called! My goodness, my ears were a burnin' this evening! What a night! And what a day! 


All this fresh air & I am plenty ready for bed! Yes, it's a short post, but I'm running out of steam! Sleep well & here's to a great tomorrow!
xxxxx
Maria & Valentina


The ponies

The Ranch

Babbling brook

The girls

Poor Wiley Coyote didn't make the springtime.

The yearlings checking us out...

Don't fool yourself - it really is comfortable!

Meditation Chair

Mom's Meditation Chair in action

One of the springs on the ranch

Mom, as she summits Connop Glacier

Canada geese hangin' out with the cows

Pretty tree

Crossing the 'crik'

Tuckered out!

Snoring & tooting her way through the night!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos around the ranch! Maybe soon I will be able to take you up on the visit/walk offer. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been