.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 215 - More Information

I met with Andrea today. She's going to think I'm a right idiot. I met with her last summer & pretty much asked the same questions as I did today. Last year I really didn't want to hear it & this summer, I NEED to hear it. 


Andrea had Hodgkin's Disease & was treated with ABVD. Her body didn't respond so well after the first bout of chemo, so they were talking to her about stem cell treatment. She didn't like the sound of that, so she did her own thing. It took her a good six months, but she's never had to go back for further treatments! 


She gave me all sorts of tips, hints & suggestions. It was a great evening for me, as I needed some reinforcement from someone who has walked in my shoes before me. I know we could respond very differently, but just knowing that she has been to the same hospitals & learning how the procedures worked for her... It was a big relief. 


I have some more homework to do & I realize my days are numbered, but I am anxious to do some more research & get crackin' on a plan! 


I left her house 1.5 hrs later & headed to CNF for some supplements. My friend, Zoe, was there & she's pregnant! I thought she was the last time I was in there, but I was too afraid to say something. (I made the mistake of once offering a belly shot to a woman who wasn't pregnant during my ship's Photographer career. It promptly ended any future belly shots!) She's due at the end of August... Phew! It will be a busy month! Krystle, Collet & Zoe! Krystle is having a boy, Zoe, a girl & Collet??? I think it's a girl! :o) Zoe is a sweetheart & I always have a quick chat & hug when I stop in for stuff.


My last stop was Greg & Madelaine's (Mom2). They were busy out front working in the flower beds & doing yard work. You wanna talk green thumbs... I think all Mom2's limbs are green! She always has an amazing yard & garden. Of course, we get to talking & before I know it, it's 2200! WAY past their bedtimes!! They both work around 0530-0630! Yikes! I boogied home & let them get their needed rest! Mom2 is coming to the head shaving par-tay & she is going to shave her head too! Whoo hoo! That takes the bald head count to 3! 


Tired & happy... sweet dreams.
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxx


Andrea & her gorgeous apple tree. She's quite the gal! Gorgeous & gifted! I stepped into her house & felt like I'd stepped into Scandinavia! Architecture & design are her specialties! 

Just the other day, Mom was telling me that Interior Designers ALWAYS work out of their homes. I snapped this on 17th ave.

Pretty little fairy garden!

Greg & Duke - what a handsome pair!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been