.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 213 - Cowboys & Ice Cream Cake

Mmmm, I LOVE my new curtains! I picked up some plain white canvas curtains at Ikea the other day & they are perfect! They filter just enough light out to keep things dark... More sleep for me! Yay! Now, if only I could get to bed at a decent hour, I wouldn't have to worry about sleeping in the daylight hours! Nobody's perfect & I'm a bit like Garfield. I don't do mornings.


I woke up to a loud banging on the door... It was Dieter! And Jim! The are both cowboys from different continents. Dieter (Dee-tur) is from Germany, but has lived in North America for many years. Jim is from Australia & is here for a few months to work on a few ranches. Dieter used to keep his horses out at the ranch & that is how we met. On the exterior is this rough, tough cowboy who likes a good argument. If you're not in the right frame of mind, he'll catch you off guard. But under that tough exterior is a pussycat. He's got a big heart &  he always brightens my day when he stops in for a visit.


Jim was here a few years back & has returned for the summer. He is very quiet & soft spoken - quite the opposite of Dieter! He is a very kind man & quite generous too! He's coming out next week to help Mom build a bit of fence! Should prove interesting, I'm positive of that!


After the cowboys left, I started working on Mom's day planner for her. She has me do the menial, mindless parts, which take up too much time & allow her to do the creative bit. I don't mind. I need some experience in the program & it makes me feel useful! 


Today was Joe's birthday at EVIC & I had Mom pick him up an ice cream cake from DQ yesterday. We took it down shortly before the centre closed & lo & behold, the big boss was there too! Great! More to eat cake! Dave, one of the CO's & a very good friend of mine, also stopped by to grab a slice & wish Joe happy birthday. Dave barely got the last morsel in his mouth when he had to run out the door on a call! 


I walked the dogs home & went back to work on the day planner. I spoke with Ami's parents in California... Ami is super busy & I haven't had any luck tracking her down... Here's hoping tomorrow I will! Her parents are wonderful people & I only wish I could have made it there for a visit! One day! 


I chatted briefly with a few other friends & then, of course, Jaco phoned. We had a great chat tonight & guess who's going to see Michael Buble! Yup! What a guy! It will be a great date night for us! Last time he was here, we went to Keith Urban. I reckon it has just become a tradition! 


I spent the rest of the night trying to order my wigs. Argh. Only slightly frustrating. I have no idea what the actual colours will look like, but fingers crossed they will be fun! It's super late now, so I'm going to keep it short... 


Lekker slaap & big hugs!
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxx


Jim & Dieter - the Aussie & the German - I'm sure there's a joke about that... 

Happy 29th Birthday Joe!

Seriously at work

Mom enjoying her cake

Joe's birthday @ EVIC

Walking my wieners!

Crossing the road with 2 wieners

Finding the sunny spot


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been