.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Day Seventeen - Little Bit o' Rough Waters

Hello All!

Sorry, but no photos for today's post. It will be a short one, as I'm not feeling 100% & want to get to bed. I had my blood work results today & well, things weren't just quite peachy keen. My WBC (White Blood Cell Count) keeps escalating. Dr. Rubio said most likely I will need some low-dose chemo to bring it back down, but for now we will try one more thing - antibiotics - to lower the count. Two of the components of my WBC continue to stay higher than normal, while the lower count of another component continues to rise. So, on one hand, the escalating count is great, but on the other hand, the 'stubborn-ness' of the other two is not so great. Guess I can say that stubborn-ness is in my cells! :o)

I also gave myself another shot today! Hooray for me! Next week I'll do both on my own. The antibiotic will last for 8 days & then I have more blood work. Fingers crossed & prayers answered that all goes well & this does the trick. I suppose low-dose chemo is far better than the regular doses they pump into you elsewhere! I am appalled at the people I meet each & every day who have nightmare stories to share of their barbaric experiences in Canada & the US. I think the health care system needs some serious re-examining! Scary! But that's a whole other discussion!

I didn't do too much today, I was very tired this morning & it stayed with me all day. I came back to the hotel around 2 or 3 & visited with Antonio's wife. They also have a dapple dachshund, but a wire-haired, so she wanted to meet Valentina. We visited for around an hour until Antonio returned home. After she left, I fell asleep. I had two phone calls & finally got up around 2130. I took Valentina out for a potty break & made some soup. As I enjoy it, here I sit! So, alas, not too much exciting! I'm feeling rather achey & hungover again, so I'm off to bed!

Thank you again for your comments & I appreciate all the prayers & positivity! My love & hugs to all of you & here's to a speedy turnaround on these WBC!!!

xxxx
Valentina & Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go WBC!
Happy Birthday Jaco!
Go Jilly!
Yay Doctor C!
Yay doggy diapers!
Yay Skype!

Love you...Kim (Ing)xo

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow...Thank you in advance if you talk to Autumn!...Amber n Bix

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been