.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Twenty Nine - Laugh! I thought me pants would never dry...

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't blog late at night... My sense of humour quickly warps... Although, according to my conversation earlier this evening, it's already warped! Anyhow, today is my last night in warmer climes... For tomorrow we freeze! Yuck!


But on a positive note... My WBC went down again! Whoo hoo!!! And, even better, the lymphocytes have started to come back up, which means things are slowly balancing themselves out! It's working! Yippee!!! Happy dance!!! I had a wonderful last appointment with Dr. Castillo & he has sent me home with a gold star! It's still a long journey ahead, but at least I'm on the right path! I'm so excited!


I was very sad to be at the clinic for my last day. I took a lot of photos & said a lot of farewells. I can't wait to come back! Joanne & I went for dinner tonight - Last Supper - and of course, we had our standard Steak & Lobster. I'm creating a tradition. I've had more red meat in the last 4 weeks than I have in the last 4 years! The lobster, well, that's another story. There is hardly enough to get a taste of it, but what can you do? I guess you can't have it all. So you have a baked potato as well! :o)


I must say, I have not laughed this hard in a very long time. Joanne & I got on a roll & before I knew it, I could hardly breathe & the tears were rolling down my cheeks. Now, I know if I try to explain it, you'll just think I'm crazy (perhaps you already do) & it wouldn't be near as entertaining as it was in the restaurant. But in case you one day ask me or accompany me, here's the reminders you'll need... Coco's, hairdresser clips, sweat pants, live cell, sheep embryos, chewing cud, eating on all fours, baaaad girl... and it went downhill from there... Anyhow, it was the best medicine of the day! I will sorely miss that girl. We had plenty of fun in a very short time. If you've got some extra prayer space left (I know I've asked for a lot in the last month!), Joanne has Pancreatic & Liver Cancer & I want to laugh like that again next year in Coco's... Let's see her healed! :o) 


Her & I went to Coronado Island yesterday. It was beautiful. We had a stunning, cloudless, warm day. We walked on the beach, strolled through the Hotel Del Coronado, & enjoyed a Mexican feast at the corner shop. Valentina enjoyed the beach until the lifeguard kicked us out - apparently there is a 'Dog Beach' at the far end of the beach. I motioned for her to pee on his tires, but she didn't quite 'capiche'. :o) Just kidding!


I am anxious to get home & talk to you & sit down & type a few emails... But I have learned that I need to take my time as well. I am really good at stretching myself thin. Although these days I feel quite 'wide'! Bear with me! 


Oh, just an FYI before I sign out & hit the hay... Dr. Castillo was telling me about a study in Germany... They discovered that people who don't catch colds & are 'always healthy' vs those who catch a cold 1 or 2 times per year are 7 (!) times more likely to develop cancer! That is amazing! So far I've asked 4 people & it's definitely been the trend! What do you do if you're that 'healthy' person? Do as much as you can to boost & support your immune system. Vitamins, minerals, sleep, exercise, etc, etc... 


So, I guess this is it... Back to reality in less than 12 hours! Thank you again for all your wonderful comments & positivity... I've felt the vibes & prayers from here! (No really, it's been pretty sweet!) I will do my best to update the blog as things continue to improve & if all goes to plan, I'm off to the South Pacific for 5 weeks to see Mr. Wonderful, or Dr. McDreamy or Steamy, er, Jaco! Yay! Can't wait to see that man! :o) Life is beautiful! My new 'phrase': Let Love Rule.


Sleep tight & see you soon! Love, Health & Laughter...
Maria & Valentina
xxxx




Waves, water & sunshine - good prescription to heal?


Getting booted off the beach!

The Motto!

Healthy Mexican Feast!


Hotel Del Coronado

Joanne posing in front of the Del

She could have played in the sand & water all day!

Valentina loved the beach & the water! 


2 comments:

Jill Marie said...

Sorry for the small font! Don't know why it won't change! See you soon! xxxx

charmaine said...

Glad to hear your news - very excited to follow your home improvement too! xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been