.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, November 09, 2009

Day Twenty One - Onc.

Pretty rose outside the hotel.
Not to worry, it's not all sunshine & roses! Read on!

Little bump from the trolley crossing arm!
Julian keeping his cool & filing the accident report.
Valentina's poor location for an accident (is there a good location?!)
Matrix - clearly not made for crashing!
Bird's eye view of the whoopsie!

Howdy!

I hope today was a splendiferous day for you. (BTW, splendiferous didn't even require a spell check, so I guess Tigger made it an official word. However, Tigger doesn't register as an actual word. Go figure)

Today I met with the Oncologist. Hmm. Not so hot. The whole idea of treating this cancer naturally was to avoid a biopsy & chemo. Which was exactly what the Oncologist suggested. Now, before some of you rejoice & some of you feel defeat... read on... Dr. Lozano, the Oncologist, was going to meet with Dr. Castillo today to discuss the situation. I have an appointment with Dr. Castillo tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll hear all about it! I also had blood work today. When I was leaving the clinic, I poked my head into the lab to ask if my results were back & she said yes. I got all excited & asked if my WBC was lower & she said yes... Very little, but yes. I got even more excited & asked what the number was, but she wouldn't divulge the number... Argh! (I think that word comes from having to shoot pirates for too many years at sea!) Anyhow, she maintained that it had gone down, so here's to a great report tomorrow!

In an ideal world, it would go like this... WBC is coming back into balance, antibiotics are working, doing their job. I finish up with an extra 5 days of treatment. I go home with my artillery for continuing to kick cancer's a** & return in 3 months with Superstar status in healing this body back to health. Carry on & keep on keepin' on! AMEN!!! Lord knows I feel better these past few days so that's gotta be a good sign!

Anyhow, I met some new faces today & saw a few familiar ones that have been MIA for a while. I met Joanne from Prince George - she's been sent home with 6 months. She has Pancreatic & Liver Cancer. She's a bright light. She's not going anywhere. I'm so excited that she's found this place & I can't wait to tell you more of her story on down the line!

My trip home today was a little bit o' drama... We had made it through the US border & were just leaving the parking lot. We were crossing the trolley tracks & about to head out on the freeway when 'CRUNCH!' This Toyota completely turned into the van! She (yes, lady driver) didn't even shoulder check & decided to change lanes! Whoops! Cost her the front end of her car & side mirror. It was really quite lucky for us. I wasn't wearing a seatbelt & poor Valentina was between the seat & the side of the van in her carrier. If it had been a harder impact, it wouldn't have been pretty. So, Valentina had her 1st car accident today. Not exactly what I hoped for when I started the list of firsts, but we'll take it, seeing as we both survived unharmed.

Speaking of the little dog, OMGosh... I love her so much. Did you watch the YouTube video? 1min20sec - funniest thing I've ever seen. Cracks me up every time... She's passed out on my lap at the moment.

Anyhow, that's all for today! I had a lovely call from Kitty who was checking up on me & the appointment, and I also had the chance to finally talk with Collet, who's been ridiculously busy! So it was a great night of catching up!

Love & hugs to you from San Diego!
xxxx
Maria & Valentina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been