.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Twenty Three - Remembrance Day & Veteran's Day

My Trolley Buddy, Tyler
Horton Plaza or Westfield Shopping Center
Guess Who!!??
Wenda brightens our days with her funky socks!

Bill & Wenda from Brooklyn, NY

Today was supposed to be an exciting day at Balboa Park checking out a few museums with my new found friend, Tyler. But alas, it wasn't in the cards. I finally did my own shot of Laetrile today. It goes directly into the IV, but if you give it too quickly, I get light-headed, so I've always let Emily do it for me. I figured since I can administer a shot in my leg, I ought to be able to do a shot in the IV line!

So, I took my sweet time doing that, then there was the original bag of Hydrogen Peroxide & then the follow up bag of antibiotics. And of course, as luck would have it, today was also my day for Live Cell shots. Therefore, my hopes of heading out of the clinic by noon were quickly dashed! I think I got back to the hotel around 1500. The museums close at 1600. Oh well.

Today was also Bill & Wenda's last day until February. It was so sad to say goodbye to them! Although, I know we'll be in touch & hopefully we'll end up at the clinic again in 3 months time together! That would be super! They are such wonderful friends. You can't help but feel better when they're around. They are always in a good mood - you stand next to them & you can feel the positive energy oozing... It's great! The clinic won't be the same come tomorrow! :o( **Sniffle, sniffle**

It was a busy day for the shuttles. We had 4 vans leave from the hotel this morning! That's the most so far! They take people to several different clinics, but I think Castillo had 2 vans, as it was busy in the clinic today!

All was running smooth at the border crossing until Mr. Customs Man decides he needs his daily power trip. Sheesh. Will those guys ever evolve into something kinder? (Typing that, I realize it looks like kinder, as in child-like, not more kind, which is rather ironic considering the situation!) They had 3 lines & only one person checking ID. Of those 3 lanes, 2 are supposed to be priority. Ha! Anyhow, it's not really worth the energy to get into it!

Back at the hotel, I texted Tyler, my Navy friend from the Trolley, and we made plans to meet downtown at Horton Plaza. He was busy finishing up his laundry, so I said no worries, I'll meet him there when he's done. I wandered around the Plaza for about 20 minutes when I suddenly realized - Wait a second! I've been here before! When I was on the Sun Princess, we docked in San Diego & I went to Horton Plaza. Bizarre that it took me that long to re-orient myself! Anyhow... Neat little place. I dropped off my roll of fisheye film & met Tyler a little later. We ended up having Mexican - SANS GUACAMOLE - at a little place somewhere near Horton Plaza. I enjoyed sopes & he had a quesadilla. It was really yummy!

It was really wonderful to visit with Tyler & learn about his career, his family & how he came to be where he is at the moment. I'll ask you to add him to your prayer list as he prepares to head to Afghanistan this coming February for 8 months. I haven't been exposed to the realities of military life - it's a bit shocking to say the least. My heart goes out to these individuals who sacrifice so much. I can't even begin to imagine. We'll meet up again on Sunday to visit Balboa Park & see the museums.

A trolley & bus ride later, I'm home & exhausted! I'm about to crash & looking forward to a good night's rest. Valentina is keeping me in stitches with her 'smiles' these days... What would I do without her!? Thank you again for your prayers & positivity. It's working!

Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been