.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Twenty Seven - A Sunny Day!

Hello Everyone! I hope this finds you well! 


Today was supposed to be Coronado & Seaport Village, but it turned out to be a chillaxin' day by the pool! I went out to let Valentina do her business this morning & luckily enough, I managed to see Lorraine & Inez before they left for the airport. We had a wonderful visit, as usual, and had our hugs goodbye. Joanne had come down to visit too & we agreed to chill by the pool instead of venture out on the town.


I went back to the room & lazed around for a bit. I had wanted to sleep in this morning, but as luck would have it, I was wide awake at 0700 & every 20 minutes after that... Oh well... Next time! I ate & ate & ate some more... all healthy stuff, but no wonder the pants don't fit! 


When I went down to the pool, Joanne was already there & we had a great visit while soaking up some vitamin D. After the sun started to sink low enough to drop the temperature a bit, we went inside. But not before we stopped at the front desk to find a lovely surprise from Lorraine & Inez. They had left us each a beautiful candle & handwritten letter... I was floored. They are so thoughtful. I wish they lived down the road, not in the next province! Oh well, it makes us appreciate the times we have together, right!? I hope Leila is giving you lots of cuddles! :o)


I decided to head out to the outlet mall - Las Americas. What a mistake. It was the craziest mall I have ever seen. The line up in Old Navy went clear to the back of the store. It didn't get much better regardless of what shop you walked into. After a tiring session of dodging people, I headed back to the hotel. Valentina made friends with the folks at the bus stop & behaved rather well! I called Joanne when I got back & we left for Coco's for dinner. We both had steak, baked potato & mini-lobster. Seriously, they were the smallest lobster I've ever seen! Anyhow, we had a great dinner & great conversations. We shared many laughs about things that have happened in the past & what a wonderful time we're having here. A great night!


I was so exhausted when I got back to the room. I managed to catch a quick Skype chat with Janis & Dustin, which was great to see them on video! I'm just finishing up the blog & it's off to bed. Tomorrow we'll attempt Seaport Village & Coronado... I hope it's as nice tomorrow as it has been today. So, not much excitement today, but still a great day! Oh, btw, I ended up with a lovely tan line - mostly the right side of my face & neck, as I was turned towards Joanne talking! Whoops! :o)


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xxxxx



Just another house in San Ysidro, CA

Palm Tree in November - gotta love it!

The bus that takes me everywhere!

Valentina's wheels & my purse carrier

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been