.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Day Twenty - Old Town


Entrance into the courtyard.

Market Stalls

O the Rockets Red Glare...

Valentina workin' it!

Funky Black Flower

Funky Green Plant

Dig the garden - :o)

Today was Sunday, my day off from visiting the clinic. After watching Coyote Ugly until 0200, I was looking forward to a good sleep in. Yeah right! 0630 I was wide awake! What gives?!? Then at 0900 housekeeping woke me up to see if I wanted service. Nope. 0930 a random 800 number called my cell phone, of which only 1 person on the planet has my number. Finally around 1000, I woke up. Kitty & Antonio soon came up to say goodbye. Awh. I was really sad to see them go! They were so much fun & I really enjoyed getting to know them. I'm sure we'll meet up again one day soon!

I lolly-gagged around for the rest of the morning, decided to bath Valentina, clean her ears & brush her teeth... By the time I walked out of the room, it was nearly 1400! I blame it on the new haircut. I just don't think I'm cut out for girly hair. I shower & start to blow dry my hair. My hair isn't even dry yet & I'm dripping with sweat. So much for the shower. By the time I finish drying & flat-ironing my hair, I'm so sweaty, I feel like I need to start all over again. How on earth does this work?!? And to make matters worse, my hair only looks good for 5 minutes & then it does exactly what I don't want it to do. Argh! Anyhow, 1400 we take the bus, then the trolley, as per usual. Thank goodness there were no scary people this time! We rode the trolley to the end of the blue line, stopping in Old Town. I had been there once before, but it was night time & I couldn't really see anything. During the day light, it was a whole new story.

Old Town is basically a recreation of the way it 'used to be'. It was a little like stepping back in time with the old style buildings & shops, people in costume, etc, etc. It was really neat! They have an old tinsmith's shop, a chinese imports shop, heaps of restaurants... Valentina & I enjoyed walking around. Or rather, she enjoyed sniffing around while I desperately tried to keep her from pulling on the leash & somewhat listening to me. It was great socializing for her & I realize that she needs a lot of work yet! No mishaps & we didn't trip/injure/half-kill anyone today, so that was great! I tried out the new plastic camera & we'll see what develops!

I ate a fish taco & a burrito at Fred's, the same place Laura & Joanne & I went. It was just as scrumptious as the last time! After that, I made my way back to the trolley station. It was already getting dark & cool at 1700. This DST thing really cramps my tourist style, although, I've been so tired lately, it doesn't seem to matter what I do! I chatted with a lovely young chap on the trolley who had his hand crushed in a door on Halloween night (poor fella). He used to live in Washington state & the only place he knew of in Alberta was Red Deer! Go figure! After he got off, I was joined by 4 Mexicans from Monterrey. They didn't speak much English, but we fumbled our way through... They were in TJ for 3 days on business & had come up to SD to sightsee for the day. Monterrey es muy bonita. (very pretty!) I've never been, but everyone always says how pretty it is. When I got off the trolley at my stop, I was joined at the bus station by a lady who assumed that I could speak fluent Spanish. It was hilarious... Corre, if you are reading this - imagine you, speaking at the pace you do when you are upset - in Spanish. She spoke so fast & laughed at herself so much, I couldn't help but laugh. I caught bits & pieces... Girls, ladies, women & that was about it! What's the time? The bus will be here soon... Maybe Phil is a better correlation... ?!?! Anyhow, she didn't stop talking. When she realized I couldn't speak much Spanish, she picked up with the lady on her other side. When we got on the bus, she struck up a conversation or rather a listen-sation with the lady beside her on the bus. It was quite humourous!

Anyhow, back at the hotel, I have fruitlessly spent far too long trying to find a good site to watch good quality movies for free... If anyone knows of a good site, let me know! And I don't want to do another stinkin' survey! Is it that much to ask for?!?!

Oh, one more thing... I'm going to try & upload another video of Valentina onto YouTube. It's her playing with her new toy. Not that exciting, but if you can last until about a minute & a half, there's a point where she lets go of the toy & looks up at me. You can totally see her teeth & it looks like she's giving me this ridiculously goofy grin. If anything makes me laugh, that's it. OMGosh. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Yes, I'm easily entertained, but every time I see it, it makes me howl. How can I take her seriously when she's got that goofy smile? I hope you'll enjoy the moment as much as I do!

Beyond that, tomorrow is my appointment with the Oncologist. I am ready. My neck is getting really itchy, it burns & it certainly hasn't reduced in size. I tuck my chin & I can tell what I would look like if I gained 60 lbs. It ain't pretty! Please say a little prayer for me with the hopes that this low-dose chemo will bring the lymphoma back to a place where it is manageable & my body can fight the good fight!

Buona Notte!
Maria & Valentina
xxxx
(I'm lovin' this psuedo-name change thing... Maybe I'll keep Maria...) :o)

1 comments:

Collet said...

Those are some really cool pics! Well i have won mother of the year award! I found out why Ezra has been coughing for almost a month and a half! He wasn't feeling good last night cause he is teething and I filled up his humidifier and when I went to put it back in, I noticed that there was dirty water in the bottom. So when I went to empty it, I looked at the filter and thought I should wash that! Sick I went to pull it out and it fell apart, with mold everywhere. The poor kid has been breathing mold for awhile. Great mother eh. One point on the chalk board for me! So now I am going to scrub his room from top to bottom. To top it off, last week I rearranged his room and put his humidifier by the heat register. Now I need to cleanse his lungs with some OLE and who knows what else. I feel just awful. I am going to black friday with my parents on the 26-29 to do christmas shopping. Are you stilling wanting to get together and make christmas cards? Hope today goes well for you! Love you

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been