.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day Thirty One - Settling In

Well, hardly an exciting day, but I suppose they can't all be whirlwinds, now can they? I spend the largest part of the day unpacking & trying to find space in the tiny room for myself & Valentina. It's tough! Made some phone calls to sort out Doctor's issues... My Oncologist took the liberty of making an appointment for me today & I only found out about it last night! Needless to say, I wasn't ready for it, so I cancelled it! 


A poor sleep & a VERY early morning caller who wouldn't give up didn't start the day off wonderfully! What on earth do you have to say at 0715 that is so important that it can't wait until a reasonable hour!?!? Do I call you at 0030 & tell you about my day?!?! Yes, that's my beef for the day... Perhaps it is PMS, but whatever...


I discovered that I am short 15 pills of a very important drug. That you can't get in Canada. Great. And to make matters worse, I only have 7 days worth & if you quit it cold turkey, you can end up with a whole host of other issues. Just what I needed! I'll see what I can find out tomorrow. 


I went to the ER this evening, only because the walk-ins were closed & I wanted to sort out my medication issue... No need to panic! It was such a different experience compared to the Dr. Castillo's, but I will say, the Physician on call was stellar! He was so kind & very patient while I ran through the gamut of where I'd been, what I have, blah, blah, blah... He also wrote me a prescription for the missing medication, but I'm having issues finding it. He said it was available in Canada, the drugstore says otherwise. Fingers crossed!


On a good note, I was able to find some 'healthy' ice cream! Whoo hoo!!! There is a company called Purely Decadent & they make an ice cream from coconut milk & agave nectar! YES! It's even delicious too! Bonus! I'm so happy! Yes, I know, easy to please! 


Tonight was prayers. Unfortunately by the time I left the Doctor's & stopped to get the prescription, I was 2 hrs late! I missed the prayers, but I was able to see everyone from the group, so that was nice. I've been going to their weekly prayer meetings for a year & a half, although the past 6 months I haven't been regularly attending. We are a small group & we address any issues in our lives & pray about it. Chances are good we've prayed for you at some point & quite likely I still include you in my own prayers! When I was initially sent home last March, Neil & Lawrence, our 'Ringleaders', came out to Mom's & prayed for me. The lump was half the size the next day! Prayer works!


Tomorrow I will hopefully finish unpacking & catch up on a few phone calls that I didn't get a chance to make today. It will also be my first needle day! Wish me luck! Next time you see me, if my finger is sporting a new piercing, you won't have to ask any questions! :o) 


Love & hugs & see you soon! xxxx
Maria y Valentina



Lovely bed - where's my quilt from Nanton?


Sterile if nothing else! Luckily the Doctor made up for it!


What do you know? A number, then a name & now you know my age. I'm really still 29. :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been