.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Day Sixteen - Foggy Day (In London Town)

Helping Mama with the blog again.
Palm tree on my walk to the bus stop
Crazy Bird of Paradise on the walk to the bus
The lovely gent who bakes fresh breads for the clinic
Race cars for the upcoming Baja in Ensenata


Ciao Ciao!

I hope everyone had a great day & it was filled with sunshine & some warm weather?? No? Well, there's always tomorrow, right? My day was a little chillier than the others have been, but that's okay!

Valentina & I were lucky to finish up with the first group of the morning & make it back by 1300 to the hotel. I was really tired & some of the bread I'd eaten on the way back had given me quite the tummy ache. So, we laid down for a rest, but as luck would have it, Valentina decided she wasn't tired after sleeping in her carrier all morning. She pounced on my head & poked her cold nose into my eyes, licked my face & arms... Oh the love of a little dog! :o)

When I realized that I wouldn't get a decent sleep, I got up & decided to venture out to Little Italy. However, by the time I made myself some food & actually stepped outside, I realized the sun was getting a little low & I didn't think the hour journey on the train would be worth it. So, we went to Las Americas instead. I wandered in & out of shops & bought myself a fleece blanket for $10 at Old Navy. I have been cold the past few nights, so this should cure it!

We waited forever for the bus to take us home & right when I was putting my change into the bus, Valentina decided to whine. Great! Nearly got us kicked off the bus at 2100! Silenzio! Speaking of the Little Dog, she managed to keep her diaper on all night last night! I put her little fuzzy mattress under the covers & she stayed on it & didn't wiggle her way out of her clothing! Hooray! We'll try for 2 nights in a row!

Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Rubio to go over the blood work I had done this morning. Fingers crossed we will see some more improvements! Hooray! Don't worry, you'll be the first to know! I have really enjoyed the comments & emails you've been sending, so keep it coming!

The day after tomorrow is Jaco's birthday. I am a bad, bad wife. I would have totally forgotten had it not been for a notice on Facebook. How pathetic is that??!! Whoopsie! I was going to get him a shirt I saw a few weeks back, but when I went to get it, it was completely burnt by the sun. It looked tie-dyed. And considering that I walked through the entire store, tried on clothes & stripped the mannequin myself before a clerk even said 'boo' to me, I suppose it's a good thing that it was damaged by the sun. She did offer me 10% off. Whoop-di-doo. So, sorry Babe, I'm still on the lookout for your present... Maybe it will be a wiener dog... I know, I know, wait 'til we have a place of our own, right Mom!?!? :o)

Anyhow, not much else new to report... Had a random lady at the bus stop tell me that God was going to perform a healing miracle for me. That was pretty sweet. Bring it on! Amen to that! In fact, I think I'll end on that note! See you tomorrow! xxxx
Maria & Valentina
Arrivederci!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been