.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day Twenty Four - Trader Joe's & BJ's!

Hello everyone! I hope this finds you well & lovin' life! Today was a busy day! I managed to make it to bed on Wednesday night by 2245 & was able to haul my (bigger) butt out of bed at 0715 for a bit of yoga & lunch making! Yay! Finally! 


I was one of the last to get into the treatment room today, so I was naturally late coming back out! I had a vitamins & minerals bag, antibiotics, an anti-inflammatory & the laetrile. Phew! Full day! 


Before I went in, I was having a chat with Lorraine & Stella. Stella is from Medicine Hat, AB & her husband, Glen, has been receiving treatments for the same amount of time as I have. They go home tomorrow & I will miss them dearly! Lorraine is here with her Mom, Inez. Lorraine is my new hero. Wow! That gal knows how to travel! She went to base camp  at Everest. But she didn't just go there & back. She did 7 weeks (If I remember right!) & climbed 5 other peaks & crossed 2 or 3 snow covered passes... Atta girl! Wowser! Her next trip is Cairo to Cape Town on a bike! She is very close to her Mom & Inez doesn't like it when she goes away, so to lessen the lonliness, Lorraine hand writes a letter for everyday that she will be gone, each in it's own envelope & that way her Mom has a little love letter to read every day! Wow! That's amazing! I'm excited to learn more of her travels! There are so many interesting & fascinating places to explore on this tiny blue planet! Bring it on!


I had a great visit with Ed while I was having my treatment. I ended up riding with him, his brother & sister across the border in their car. It was a whole new experience. It actually went really smoothly. We didn't have to get out of the car & they didn't search us near as thoroughly. That was great! 


I had a nap when we got back. I guess I was tired. I fell asleep hard & fast. I woke up a few times, only to wipe the drool off my cheek & fall back asleep! Whoops! :o) Ed phoned around 1515 & we made arrangements to go to Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's is a lot like Whole Foods or Community Natural Foods. It was great! They had all I needed & we even met the Asst. Manager. He asked how we were doing & when I enthusiastically said, 'Oh, great!' He looked at me sideways - are you kidding? You're in a grocery store. Who is great buying fruit & veggies?!? Anyhow, I explained that it was my first time in a Trader Joe's & after that he was a little less perplexed! We had a great visit about the area & health... Good times in the grocery store!


After that we ventured to a nearby Target to get band-aids & ziploc bags... Fun! I was supposed to meet Joann at 1800 for dinner at Chula Vista Center, but it was already 1735. I phoned & left a message & said we would be there shortly. My bad, I didn't communicate to Ed that it was Chula Vista Centre - I just kept saying 'the Mall', so he thought I meant Las Americas - which is right by the border. Lo & behold, about 1/2 a mile from the border, he asks where I'm meeting her. I said, 'BJ's'. Ed said, 'I didn't know there was a BJ's - is it near the Coach store?' Uh-oh... Miss Communication - I win! So, we turned around & headed back up the freeway! We popped into the hotel to drop off the groceries & I left Valentina as well. 


Poor Joann was waiting patiently, most likely half perished as I was nearly 1 hr late! We had a great meal & I think I ate the biggest baked potato in the history of taters! Wow! It was so good! Chicken, cheese, peppers, potato... It was gigantic! We enjoyed a great visit over dinner & caught up on the past 2 weeks. Joann is running a 1/2 marathon this weekend & she lives near Balboa Park, so I think I'll see if Tyler, the Navy guy, wants to meet her too & we can have a celebratory drink (juice) after her Marathon Victory! Yay! The Navy Guy & I are going to visit the museums that we missed yesterday. Maybe him & Joann will hit it off & hang out after I'm gone! I love to introduce friends - the world is small! (Just ask the bridesmaids from the Waterton Wedding! Right girls?!?)


Joann dropped me off at the hotel & I popped in to say goodbye to Glen & Stella & delivered Ed's measuring spoons... Bobby started the Hoxsey Tonic too... It tastes awful, but it works! Just like Buckley's! :o) 


Anyhow, it's getting late & I gotta crash! Sorry it's not too exciting today - no car crashes or anything crazy like that! I send my love & thank you for your continued comments & love & support... I look forward to speaking with you when I get back - or sitting down & typing a proper email! 


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xxxxx



Trader Joe's - Note the Gorilla's face!


The Assistant Manager at Trader Joe's - They are all very friendly!


Valentina enjoyed a balloon until she finally popped it!


Joann - still smiling, despite my tardiness!


BJ's - home of the biggest potatos I've ever seen!



The locals enjoying BJ's 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been