.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 102 - Grammys?!

So I'm pretty much sitting here watching the time tick by. I'm pretty bored to be 100% honest. I get a fair bit accomplished, but there isn't much satisfaction at the end of the day. I'm still thirsty for something more. May the Good Lord see to it that I return from Mexico with a new lease on life! I'm ready to bust outta the rut I've been digging for the past two years!


Today was exceptionally uneventful. I spent a fair bit of time researching, again. My Grandma called to tell Mom & I we should read this really great book. She couldn't remember who the author was, but it was called Knockout. :o) I didn't catch the call & she left a message. I called her back later in the evening & it was so cute.


She was watching the Grammys & funnily enough, so was I. We don't have a satellite or cable TV, but I managed to find a live stream online, so Mom & I watched bits & bobs of the awards. I phoned Grandma part way through & I figured she would be watching the Grammys. She enjoys her TV shows. When I asked if she was watching the Grammys, she said yes. We chit-chatted for a bit & shortly thereafter she interrupted me & said, 'Now look what you've done. You've gone & made me miss my favourite guy. Bon Jovi is on & I'm missing him.'


I could hardly believe my ears & I certainly couldn't contain my amusement! How cute was that! She carried on to tell me how much she likes his music, what a nice guy he is & how handsome he is. Keep in mind this is the same Grandma who NEVER misses a PBR episode (Professional Bull Riding). She is also 83 years young & baked ALL the buns for our wedding in Waterton last fall. I still get people telling me how much they loved the buns! Anyhow, Grandma B never ceases to amaze me & tonight certainly wasn't an exception!


Tonight was also shot night. We're down to the last 10!!! I think I can, I think I can, I think... :o) I told Mom I was off to do my shot & she pipes up how I need to train Valentina to carry a piece of paper to Mom if I get into trouble. No sooner do I get my needle goodies out, do I hear a little click, click down the hall. Mom follows suit & opens the door. Enter Valentina with a piece of paper folded up in her mouth that she so proudly gives to me. I open it up & it reads, 'Do you need my help?' What a gal. Both of them! 


We also worked on our 'stenditi' trick. She knows I want her to roll over on the blanket & she knows I want her to put the blanket in her mouth, but the timing isn't quite right just yet! We'll get there! In the meantime, it's cute to watch her try! Mom had a massage today & the lady who did the massage was completely smitten with Valentina. That's my girl! She's a charmer!


Anyhow, short post & here's a few piccies of my baby when she was just a wee one! Awh! 


Have a great night! xxxx
Maria & Valentina


Mama - What's up with the string??

INCOMING!!!

What? Is there something in my teeth?

Short legs. Need a break!

I swear, it wasn't me!

Fast as fast can be! You'll never catch me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been