.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Days 98 & 99 - Oh So Lonesome For You...

Hmpf. Well, I guess this is what it feels like to be lonely. I've got the most wonderful friends on the planet, a devoted Mom who loves me more than I can comprehend, a dog who watches my every move with such loyalty, but still, I feel empty. I have never missed anyone as much as I miss Jaco. Sure I missed him before, but not like this. 


I'm bored. I've got lots to do. I'm tired. But I just slept. I'm hungry. But not for that. Or that. Is it really only 1100? Sigh. Lots of sighing. Hurry up & get me to Mexico so I can get better & be with that wonderful husband of mine. Gosh darn it! I know I've been late for almost everything in my life, but if all this waiting to be healthy again is God's way of teaching me patience, COME ON ALREADY!!!!! I get it! 


What's new, besides my lamenting? Well, not much. Mom & I watched a movie last night. Ate some buttery popcorn without salt. (No added salt, remember?) Here's the story. Mom suggested we go to a movie. I said I couldn't afford it, so why don't we download one off the internet? Okay. I check out some trailers & decided she might like Did You Hear About The Morgans? So I sit down at the computer, spent several hours trying to find a link to watch the movie online. No luck. Then I find a site that will let me download the movie for free. Perfect. So I wait for about 5 hours for the movie to finish downloading. 


We finally sit down to watch the movie on my laptop screen (why didn't I think to do this on her giant 24" iMac?), popcorn, dog on lap, cat on back of couch... It was a great movie. Very cute & I just love Hugh Grant. He cracks me up. Anyhow, we go to bed, only to wake up this morning to an email stating that we have exceeded our monthly bandwidth usage & we have a $60 fee to pay. The irony? It would have been cheaper to drive to Calgary, pay for a movie, buy the popcorn & drive home. And the screen would have been a whole lot bigger! Live & learn.


Yesterday I was ambitious & dug out a yoga DVD... Laura, if you're reading this, I did the treadmill the day before! Did you do your yoga?!?! :o) Anyhow, I thought I would try something new, as I have my 2 favourite DVD's that I usually do over & over. I reached for the only Kabbalah Yoga DVD I have. It's called Attainable Advanced. Pay attention to the ADVANCED portion of the title. Probably there for a reason! Keep in mind I've done about 5 workouts in the last 10 months. I lasted about 23 minutes out of 47 before I called it quits. After she started to wrap her arms backwards around her legs while in a lunge position, I figured that would be a good time to sit & observe. My hats off to her, she's mighty flexible! I can feel it in my legs today & I'm sure tomorrow will be even better! In any case, I asked the acupuncturist if I could do some jogging & he gave me the thumbs up, so I can begin some more exercise besides walking! I get bored walking. 


Today was my acupuncture appointment. I haven't been to see Dr. Mah for about 2 years or more. He is awesome! I love the entire experience. I lie down on the table, they put a heat pack over your back, or in my case, my neck. I drift off to sleep for a few minutes. Next, Dr. Mah comes in, we have a chat about my current health issues & he does some energy testing using small vials representing many different ailments & body parts. It's amazing how I test strong as an ox to some & completely weak to others. He then checks my spine & would generally do a bit of massage, but because of my neck, we avoided this. He adjusted my mid-spine. Oh sweet relief! I love a good crack! (you thought of a plumber right now, didn't you!) :o) Next I lie down on my back & he puts in 8 different needles. Hands, forearms, feet, calves - it was amazing tonight. I could feel the 'whoosh' of energy as the needles tapped in on my hands. Oh, I forgot to mention - the vials I tested weak to, he puts into a little baggie. I hold onto the baggie while I have the acupuncture. Once I'm finished, Dr. Mah tests me again, still holding the baggie. Strong like bull! Crazy! Unfortunately, he charges $105 per session & he wants me to go 2x/week! Yikes! Maybe once a week, if I'm lucky! Anyhow, I feel much better since the appointment. We'll see what next week brings!


I'm down to my last 12 shots! Tomorrow is shot day again. I am such a numbers girl. I love to separate things, count it out, watch the progress. That's 6 per leg & I can't wait to be done, if only for a little while! 


Oh, Valentina learned a new trick today! She can now honk a bicycle horn! Atta girl!!! I have no idea when this will ever come in handy, but just in case! Tomorrow perhaps we'll work on something useful, like bringing me the phone or opening my pill cupboard & finding the vitamin C or something like that! 


Still no news on the biopsy. I called Monday & Wednesday & nothing. I guess they aren't that antsy to get their paws on me... or it's the Surgeon issue! I'm sure there has to be one friendly South African Surgeon in the country??!! I faxed a letter to my GP to keep him in the loop. He'll most likely think I'm the craziest patient ever - most likely I am - but rather than waste his time in an appointment, I thought I'd save time. I would have saved paper too, but they didn't have an email address. Anyhow, I thought he might like to know what I was up to.


Okidoki, that's it for the past two days. I told you I was bored! Thanks for sticking with me! I pray there are far more exciting times ahead! I can't take much more! Send me somewhere exciting! Somewhere new! Please! Okay, I'll settle for home for a little while longer! Only 3 weeks to go!


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xxxx
ps - Robyn - it was Tao: The Martial Art of Drumming - they are on tour in North America & I believe they are headed for Broadway in NYC.


Apparently Valentina enjoys the MCP Pina Colada too! Perhaps a little more than I do. 

It's a family affair to watch a movie in our house. 

The moviescreen. No, we don't watch TV. We do have a regular TV, but we don't have cable or satellite. Yes, welcome to the sticks. You'll find a new way to entertain yourself, I'm sure! Believe me, I'm still trying! :o)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question :) It looks like it would've been an awesome show! Hang in there - being bored gives us lots of time to think of new ways to occupy our time. Robyn

Jenn said...

Hehe, that's funny about the download! Oops! I can only imagine how much you miss Jaco. I am so glad that whatever Mike and I are facing now we are going to face standing side by side. What a difference that makes. Your post made me giggle because I took my yoga dvd out today too and that's as far as I got! It didn't even make it into the player! Thank goodness tomorrow is another day! Love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been